Use real name on social accounts

Ana

Does anyone know if I have to use my real name to register on the social media websites like facebook and twitter? I am not trying to hide anything but I normally use my real first name and the initial of my last name just to be private. Someone told me I have to use the full real name but I have seen on the internet that you do not have to.

Does anyone know for sure what the rules are? I keep finding different information all over. Thank you for your help.

ulterios

Some of the social media sites require you to use your real name, some do not. On Twitter you can use anything that you want except for the usernames which must be not used by anyone else be 15 characters or less and use just letters, numbers and underscores.

Facebook requires you to use your real name to create the account but then you can create a Facebook page and those do not have to be (and really aren't for) your real name.

These are the basic requirements for the two social media sites that you listed. If there are others you are interested just let me know.

Good luck. ;)

Reactions: Ana

Muzzamil

Does anyone know if I have to use my real name to register on the social media websites like facebook and twitter? I am not trying to hide anything but I normally use my real first name and the initial of my last name just to be private. Someone told me I have to use the full real name but I have seen on the internet that you do not have to.

Does anyone know for sure what the rules are? I keep finding different information all over. Thank you for your help.
When creating a social media account, you have to put in your full name but that name doesn't have to be real, it could be a fake name or a nickname that people call you with. So basically you don't have to use your real name but your email must be real because they will use it to confirm your account. Good Luck!

Maria Marketing

I have seen many different people that are not using their real names so even if it is against their rules I do not think that they regulate it. I would just use your real name if you are supposed to just in case they decide to crack down.

Dean

I know Facebook requires you to use your real name to open your account but for any Facebook pages that you create the information will not be shown by default.

Twitter doesn't have a real name requirement, so you can use whatever you want to use there.

As for Google plus, which is an extension of a Google account, you have to use some form of your real name. Something like "Joe M.", J. Money" or something along those lines will work. On Google pages though, you won't need to have any personal information showing.

These are the basic requirements for the usual social sites that marketers use.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Ana

Some of the social media sites require you to use your real name, some do not. On Twitter you can use anything that you want except for the usernames which must be not used by anyone else be 15 characters or less and use just letters, numbers and underscores.

Facebook requires you to use your real name to create the account but then you can create a Facebook page and those do not have to be (and really aren't for) your real name.

These are the basic requirements for the two social media sites that you listed. If there are others you are interested just let me know.

Good luck. ;)
Thank you for the help. I finally did find the answer for facebook. I will probably just do it in my real name and take a chance.

Ana

When creating a social media account, you have to put in your full name but that name doesn't have to be real, it could be a fake name or a nickname that people call you with. So basically you don't have to use your real name but your email must be real because they will use it to confirm your account. Good Luck!
Oh, so then you can use a nickname that people call me? Is that ok for facebook too?

Ana

I know Facebook requires you to use your real name to open your account but for any Facebook pages that you create the information will not be shown by default.

Twitter doesn't have a real name requirement, so you can use whatever you want to use there.

As for Google plus, which is an extension of a Google account, you have to use some form of your real name. Something like "Joe M.", J. Money" or something along those lines will work. On Google pages though, you won't need to have any personal information showing.

These are the basic requirements for the usual social sites that marketers use.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
Thank you for your help. I will have to check more information on the facebook pages. I do not know much about them.

Waqass

The social media won't be able to tell what is your real name, nick name or any thing other than that. I have seen many people using anything other than their real names. This is because "You tell them what is your real name" they never require any official documents from you to cross verify it.

ulterios

This is because "You tell them what is your real name" they never require any official documents from you to cross verify it.
So do you think if someone uses something really crazy that Facebook can tell is not a real name they might flag the account for verification?

KeralMTG

I saw on facebook that you must use your real name to open an account with them. You can make it private like some people do so you won't have to worry about it. If you make facebook pages I think you do not have to show your real name.

sam.hunt0710

You should use real name. Because twitter only accept real name.

May I know from where you get this info , we can create as many account as we want . Need to have Private Proxies and Phone Number for that. For name you can use fakenamegenerator to generate all details for any individual for getting profile pics you can use yandex for searching images.

Ana

It is better to use a real name for the social media account, but if there is a need say for a business social media account that must have a pseudo name then it can be used but do not steel others' names.
What if you want to keep your name private?

Michael

On some of the social media websites like Facebook you are supposed to use your real name when you register but I don't think they really keep up with enforcing it. I started an account there several years ago and just used an online id that I was using at that time and it never got closed and is still live.

If you just don't do anything wrong I don't think they will ever find out.

Ana

On some of the social media websites like Facebook you are supposed to use your real name when you register but I don't think they really keep up with enforcing it. I started an account there several years ago and just used an online id that I was using at that time and it never got closed and is still live.

If you just don't do anything wrong I don't think they will ever find out.
On Facebook I have used my real name. I do not do anything wrong on any of the social websites I think. I try to do things properly.