Social Media Marketing vs. Email Marketing?

Adrianhenry

Look around internet marketing forums I found more people offering solo ads there, I would try one but it's worth a try?

Between social media marketing and email marketing then which is giving better results?

Tina Golden

You're talking about three different things, Adrianhenry. While solo ads are sent by email, it's not really email marketing as it's not YOUR list. Solo ads are a way to promote a product or website and can work well, though.

You should never be choosing between social media marketing and email marketing, anyway. You should be doing both. Email marketing is usually more lucrative, if done right, but generally that's not the point. In most cases, social media marketing is to gain new leads, while email marketing is to turn those leads into buyers (or buyers into repeat buyers).

Mark007

I would rather prefer to go with social marketing. It will provide a more long lasting effect on the promotion and help drive more traffic without much hassle.

Adrianhenry

While solo ads are sent by email, it's not really email marketing as it's not YOUR list. Solo ads are a way to promote a product or website and can work well
Why solo ads is not email marketing, it is a part of email marketing, Tina Golden.

You use solo ads you used email marketing to promote your product, right?

Nytshade

Yes solo ads are email marketing for the person who owns the email list and for you as a solo ad buyer it's list building, not yet email marketing until they optin to your email list.

That's a bad mistake to compare social and email marketing, rookie move. You don't compare apple with oranges.

You need to use both, you must use social media to build your email list. Yes you can generate sales via social media but you can get even more sales and conversions if you took the social media traffic, send it to a squeeze page, then build a relationship with them and turn them into customers.

If you're sending traffic from social media straight to a sales page then you're leaving a lot of money on the table. You'll never see it till you decide to try email marketing, so don't let anyone fool you, real money is in the list!