Should I buy an email list?

Maria Marketing

My email marketing list if kind of small and it's not getting any sales that often so I was thinking about buying an email list to increase my sales and the number of emails on my list.

I have never bought an email list but I have seen some posts about people doing that. Is it a good idea to buy an email list to help grow my list and sales numbers?

ulterios

If you think that it will help you and it's a quality list that you would be buying then go for it. I would just try to make sure that whoever/wherever you buy it from has quality names.

Marcos

If it gets you more email addresses then why not? Unless things have changed in the last few years the bought email lists are not always as good as ones that you built but for the prices you can't beat them.

Maria Marketing

If it gets you more email addresses then why not? Unless things have changed in the last few years the bought email lists are not always as good as ones that you built but for the prices you can't beat them.
I have seen some real good prices. I thought that the list would not work as well but for the amount of names you get it can perform not as well and still do ok.

Dean

If you can get a nice quality list at a fair price then I don't see anything wrong with buying an email list to grow yours. That can be a good way to build up your number of email recipients quickly if you don't have a nice size list now.

Maria Marketing

If you can get a nice quality list at a fair price then I don't see anything wrong with buying an email list to grow yours. That can be a good way to build up your number of email recipients quickly if you don't have a nice size list now.
My list is rather small now so that was the main idea behind buying one. I just don't even know where to start looking.

Catherine1

I checked into this a couple of times and it's recommended to make sure that you buy the list for the niche that you are needing it for and not a general list because the success of the list will be better if the list is for your niche.

Maria Marketing

I checked into this a couple of times and it's recommended to make sure that you buy the list for the niche that you are needing it for and not a general list because the success of the list will be better if the list is for your niche.
Oh yes. I would try to get one for the niche I would want it for.

Catherine1

Oh yes. I would try to get one for the niche I would want it for.
When I was thinking about buying an email list I couldn't find one for my exact niche but there was something close. You might have to do something like that but I don't know.

Michael

I was reading on this same subject and most people say that buying an email list is a good way to get started if you don't have a list already.

I was looking and found some sites that sell lists but I don't really know what a good price for "x" amount of names is. I saw some on fiverr.com for $5 for 50,000 emails. Don't know if that's good but it seems cheap.

JennyJ

I was reading on this same subject and most people say that buying an email list is a good way to get started if you don't have a list already.

I was looking and found some sites that sell lists but I don't really know what a good price for "x" amount of names is. I saw some on fiverr.com for $5 for 50,000 emails. Don't know if that's good but it seems cheap.
I heard that a lot of the services on Fiverr are not good and a waste of money. I have read that in many places so it has me worried about buying anything from there.

I haven't heard anything specific about email lists though.

Michael

I heard that a lot of the services on Fiverr are not good and a waste of money. I have read that in many places so it has me worried about buying anything from there.

I haven't heard anything specific about email lists though.
Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep that in mind and avoid that one.

Kania

I don't know for sure about this but maybe people will not be happy because they did not subscribe to your email list themself. I am not sure but maybe you can check.

Maria Marketing

When I was thinking about buying an email list I couldn't find one for my exact niche but there was something close. You might have to do something like that but I don't know.
That is something that I have noticed myself. I have only checked a few places though.

That is cheaper than what I have seen. It makes me wonder why they are so cheap.

I don't know for sure about this but maybe people will not be happy because they did not subscribe to your email list themself. I am not sure but maybe you can check.
That has been a concern of mine. I don't want to make people mad and spread bad things about me or my blog.

Catherine1

That is something that I have noticed myself. I have only checked a few places though.
Me too. If you find a good place then let me know please. I have thought about trying a bought email list out just for my own knowledge to see how it does.

Traveler

If you can get one for the niche that you want and it's cheap then you can get it and try it out. Then if it works good you can get more names and go on from there.

I have never bought an email list but think about doing it sometime to get a bigger list.

Maria Marketing

Me too. If you find a good place then let me know please. I have thought about trying a bought email list out just for my own knowledge to see how it does.
If I find one I will tell you about it Catherine. :D

If you can get one for the niche that you want and it's cheap then you can get it and try it out. Then if it works good you can get more names and go on from there.

I have never bought an email list but think about doing it sometime to get a bigger list.
So far I have not been able to find the exact niche that I want but I have only checked a few places. I might have to settle for one that is in a similar niche.