Selling a product using social networks?

Nathan92

Many people are using social networks to sell their products, I want to know the best techniques to sell the products on Facebook and Twitter?

Nytshade

The best way is to never sell your products on social media. Don't get me wrong, you can actually sell a few products on social media but people don't login to facebook with their credit card on hand ready to buy something. So in order to avoid selling a few products and sell more products then you simply need to build an email list.

Give your social media audience a freebie/giveaway (packed professionally, it could be video, audio, pdf etc.) then build a relationship with your prospects, understand what they really want and create or upgrade/update your already existing product to fit with their needs. You'll sell more products much more easier this way.

You can also encourage your prospects to make a purchase by offering them special bonuses that are not available to the general public except for people in your email list, that will encourage people to buy, especially if the bonus material is time sensitive (meaning it will end soon and won't be available forever).

Hope that makes sense :)

As my own experienced, selling Products on Social Media is good. But it has to combine with other way like : web, Shop offline..v.v.....But you should notice about using Face/Twitter, the first thing must do is creating content, take many photos, and dare to use money to face ads. Marketing, when you need, has to use Money; Free Marketing Method is never all

KeralMTG

Selling products on social websites is good as long as you do not spam people. Then they might report your account or don't even look at what you are selling.

Social websites are good as long as you are careful and do it the proper ways.

Maria Marketing

I'm no professional at selling on social networks but speaking as a consumer, I would rather have someone show me something like maybe an article with some information or something first before trying to sell me something.

Whist I understand that sellers want a quick sell, I think that if they don't make it look like that's their first and only intention then they would maybe be more productive and make more sales over a length of time.

Just my thoughts as being the buyer most of the time. :)

ulterios

I think one of the best techniques is to promote/market your product without being pushy, spammy, cheap and so on and try to make the potential customer want to know more about what you are trying to sell.

Posts something informational and have links to more information on the product or service and then after you have given the buyer some good information and some good reasons to buy, then you present them with the option to make a purchase.

You come off less pushy and more people will respect that and respond to that method better.

Just my $.02 worth! ;)

KeralMTG

I'm no professional at selling on social networks but speaking as a consumer, I would rather have someone show me something like maybe an article with some information or something first before trying to sell me something.

Whist I understand that sellers want a quick sell, I think that if they don't make it look like that's their first and only intention then they would maybe be more productive and make more sales over a length of time.

Just my thoughts as being the buyer most of the time. :)
This is the same things that I prefer. Do not try to push me to buy something first. Show me good information and then make your offer to me.

KeralMTG

you will not be blocked by FB if your ad does not violate Facebook's policies.
We still advertising and FB are never blocked
Facebook usually block some spam. If you post good quality then they should not block you. Many people do spam and then they get blocked. So it is better to not spam then you will be ok then.

ulterios

Facebook usually block some spam. If you post good quality then they should not block you. Many people do spam and then they get blocked. So it is better to not spam then you will be ok then.
Yeah, some people and businesses definitely get carried away with it. I think that the ones that get blocked/banned are tho ones who are making it WAY too obvious. I think if you just mix in some good stuff with your marketing efforts than most of the time you will be fine.

Just my $.02. ;)

KeralMTG

Yeah, some people and businesses definitely get carried away with it. I think that the ones that get blocked/banned are tho ones who are making it WAY too obvious. I think if you just mix in some good stuff with your marketing efforts than most of the time you will be fine.

Just my $.02. ;)
Some people are always trying to posts low quality posts and people will know they are just trying to market to them. I think if you are also friendly to other people then that can help your reputation on there and make people more easy to deal with you.

ulterios

I think if you are also friendly to other people then that can help your reputation on there and make people more easy to deal with you.
Yes, being nice, friendly and helping others is a great way to get a good reputation and that can go a log way on the internet. ;)

Maria Marketing

This is the same things that I prefer. Do not try to push me to buy something first. Show me good information and then make your offer to me.
Yes, too many people out there are just so abusive and forceful with their marketing and their promotions. Whilst I can understand that they want to make money because we all do, they just don't need to be so harsh about it. :)

KeralMTG

Yes, too many people out there are just so abusive and forceful with their marketing and their promotions. Whilst I can understand that they want to make money because we all do, they just don't need to be so harsh about it. :)
I also keep getting the same junk spammed on me to buy worthless things. Some times I get real sick of it but I guess that is just how the internet is. :(

Dean

I think that Nytshade made a good point that can help in many cases, and that is not to sell on social media itself. I think that a good approach would be to use social media to grow your audience and email list and then use your email list as well as your blog/site to do the selling.

There are of course people who do sell through social media but I think the way described above can produce recurring sales and income over just selling on social media itself.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean