Reselling ebooks?

Glenn Kilpatric

It is possible to buy and resell ebooks from authors?
Do I need to hire writers to write my own ebooks for selling?

So what would you recommend for handling this?
Thank you

Tina Golden

You can resell ebooks, as long as you buy a license to do so. Just pay attention to where you're getting them and that they're not all over the web already. I find resell products to be good as bonuses to my own products, but I also sell them separately sometimes.

The best way to do this, in my opinion, is to resell ebooks that aren't in the IM niche. In other words, find topics that can work in other niches and market to those niches. For example, a good ebook on time management will be useful to many other niches and that way it's not saturated.

Hiring a ghostwriter to create a product for you is a good choice, too, providing you hire the right writer. The forums are full of writers that create articles but those same writers often do not have the skills to create an ebook. As a writer myself, that may sound self-serving, but I have hired hundreds of writers through the years and I am telling you the stone-cold truth.

Glenn Kilpatric

is to resell ebooks that aren't in the IM niche
I don't understand your meaning why shouldn't in IM niche while more IM'ers are caring how to make money online and increasing their knowledge in this field.

I agree that other niches are not saturated but about getting sales then I am not sure it will better than IM.

Tina Golden

Glenn, if you are offering something unique then the IM niche can be great but if you're simply reselling ebooks, why should they buy from you? The competition is fierce in this niche. It also depends on other factors, of course, but in general, it's a very poor idea for someone to jump into the IM niche unless they have some experience and can offer unique products.

MidnightAngel

It is possible to buy and resell ebooks from authors?
Do I need to hire writers to write my own ebooks for selling?

So what would you recommend for handling this?
Thank you

Being a writer, I think I would rather write my own e-books than let anyone else. But that's just me. I do like the idea of being a ghostwriter for someone, and hope that I find someone that will let me do that sometime.

I always thought that you could purchase ebooks from authors, but not sure about the reselling, though someone said yes if you're licensed. I resell paperbacks, but not ebooks. Great question, thanks for posting it. :Thankyou:

Traveler

Some books are allowed to be resold that the author has given permission to do that. It is probably better to just write your own though.

ulterios

Of course it is possible to resell eBooks from authors, that's what PLR/MRR?etc. ebooks are. There are many types of eBooks that can be resold but you just want to make sure that you have the resell rights to sell them before you do it.

If you don't have the rights to resell them then you could possibly get into legal trouble. ;)

People do it without the rights all the time and get away with it but personally I do not think it's a good thing to do because that's basically just a form of stealing.

Dean

You can resell some ebooks as long as you have the rights to resell them from the author or publisher. Not all ebooks can be resold so make sure that you check out the resell rights before you start to sell them.

Cheers, Dean.