Promoting websites with Twitter

amtwebsite

I have heard that many people getting good traffic with Twitter but for accounts with huge followers.

I would like to know what everyone else's experience has been with using Twitter to promote their website. how to get good traffic from it for my website?

Actually, Facebook and Twitter is the most referral traffic to my blog. I didn't have any secret to promote my blog but I just tweet my post multi time on twitter.

I didn't have huge follow, but just around 1300+ followers. Anytime, I tweeted my post to tweet, I could get around 100 plus visitors from Twitter...

The key I work with twitter is to keep active and build relationship with others...

Allenafaith

On one of my old websites, I had the option for users to tweet things and that helped get traffic. As long as someone continues to tweet we get more traffic.

Mark007

I haven't benefited much with Twitter accounts. People say that you need to be active in social networks and improve your circle to get visitors from them. But I don't have time for social networking. I work more on other off page activities to drive traffic to my website.

Hostlumina

Twitter is great to drive traffic and interact with others. Couple of items that has worked for myself in the past with some projects:

• Like everywhere else, post useful things and throw a link to your blog/site if it's in relation to it.
  • Don't be afraid to get personal (i.e. Wish people a good day, post a picture you took while going for a walk, picture of the office, etc...)
  • You want your audience to get a good short read to be kept entertained. The worse thing you can do is post the same thing over and over like some or like others that just post promotional items.
  • Remember social media is about connecting with an audience by keeping in touch with your following and clients at a different level than just posting something hoping to get a client.
  • Lastly, be consistent!

Reactions: ims
Could you please show me the steps in building relationship with others accounts on Twitter, I have difficulty in increasing my followers, I only get around 600 followers now.

Actually, I didn't have any secret to work with Twitter. I just spend the time to read other bloggers' articles and then tweet their post and mention their name. If anyone tweeted my post, then I replied back with some sweet word such as I'm appreciate this..., and..

Relationship is taking some, thus you'll to spend more time for that...

My key of successful in building relationship is to patient...

Dean

Twitter can be great for promoting a website and getting a good amount of traffic but you have to do it properly. First, you don't want to spam or post a huge amount or Tweets, especially useless or junk Tweets. If you post thousands and thousands then people will just stop reading them because they know that you are just Tweet happy.

One thing that you want to do is Tweets some headlines and keyword for any articles / posts on your website with a link to the article. Also, include an image with the Tweets as that will get a lot more people checking your Tweets and possibly going to your site.

You also want to Tweet some stuff that is not something of yours so it doesn't look like you are just posting your own stuff and that's all you care about. Find some big websites, preferably that have a Twitter account with a lot of followers and send out a Tweet of something that isn't your about every 2-3 Tweets. You want to post things that people would be interested in.

When you do send a Tweet about someone else's content or article make sure to tag them properly so that you are giving them credit for what the Tweet is about and also to hopefully get some of their followers to follow you and/or read your Tweets. What you do is put a period right befor you put their Twitter username in the Tweet. Something like this ".@TWITTERUSER". That will make sure that the Tweet goes out to all of their followers also.

There are many ways that you can get traffic from Twitter but this is something that has worked real well for me and many others.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Twitter has been real good for me as a source of traffic for my websites. I use it to promote my articles, reviews and other content from my websites to help spark interest in what I am promoting and getting people to visit my websites.

Since I have several Twitter accounts (one for each website) I am using some software that helps with the duties like scheduling and tracking the activity on it. This helps make managing multiple accounts easier.

So yes, Twitter has worked well for extra traffic for my sites and I would recommend it to anyone looking for another source of traffic for their websites.

SenseiSteve

I've also had some success in improving traffic to my sites with Twitter. When Twitter first appeared, I really didn't see a place for it in business, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Anna Richart

It is true that Twitter is effectively used to divert traffic to your site. However, I suppose your content type and quality of followers that you have would decide whether or not you get good traffic from this channel.
Furthermore, you can use a tool on your website to integrate it with twitter. So that visitors can easily log in and share your interesting content on their twitter.

ulterios

I suppose your content type and quality of followers that you have would decide whether or not you get good traffic from this channel.
Yes these are two factors that can help to determine what kind of responses you will get from your Twitter followers. Also, what you Tweet and the quality of those Tweets can make a big difference.

Sudipta Sen

Yes Twitter is a great way to generate traffic for your website, but of course you have to get a quality number of followers in your Twitter account.

vinaya

I am on twitter. I have two accounts, one for personal use and another for business purpose. My personal account is for promoting myself as a writer and the business account is for sharing my web contents. My business account has more than 6K followers (some of them are bots though). I get good traffic from twitter. Twitter traffic is always instant, I mean you can get visitors for your links just in few minutes after sharing the content.

Unknown

Twitter is actually my favorite and is right up there with the big boy, Facebook. If you know how to correctly promote and advertise with Twitter you can easily make a nice sum of money... especially for things like blogs or affiliate products.

You just have to:
1) tweet frequently,
2) use relevant hashtags and keywords,
3) high-quality content,
4) include pictures/videos and links,
5) interact with your followers.

If you follow those five basic steps you shouldn't have problems.

PedroP

Twitter is actually my favorite and is right up there with the big boy, Facebook. If you know how to correctly promote and advertise with Twitter you can easily make a nice sum of money... especially for things like blogs or affiliate products.

You just have to:
1) tweet frequently,
2) use relevant hashtags and keywords,
3) high-quality content,
4) include pictures/videos and links,
5) interact with your followers.

If you follow those five basic steps you shouldn't have problems.
Oh really? Hadn't considered twitter yet! How do you think it compares to FB so I can have a better notion of what we're talking about here? Better? Same deal?

Maria Marketing

I don't get a huge amount of traffic from Twitter but I think I get a good amount since I only have a few hundred followers. I think what helps me is that I use some good hashtags and good looking images in my Tweets. Before I was doing that I was not getting much traffic at all.