Promoting Forum and what I've done so far...

Kieren

I couldn't find the right forum for this so moderators feel free to move.

I am having difficulty growing my forum well.. it's growing just very slowly.

I have done the the following;

• Added site logo
  • Added twitter advertising
  • Made a few sections for the specific purpose (Gaming and Entertainment)
  • Few users have posted content
  • Few downloads added
  • Added ad purchases section
  • Facebook and Twitter promotion section
And it's still not drawing attention has anyone for any tips?

There are forums that offer services that allow users to post on your forum in exchange for you posting on theirs. They are called post exchanges. I won't share the names of the forums, but it you google, 'promote my forum' and 'forum post exchanges' you will find a lot of things :D

Kieren

Thank you I will do just that.

My users are already submitting content mind so what makes other forums posting on my forum any different? Does it actually help?

Martin Kahn

There are forums that offer services that allow users to post on your forum in exchange for you posting on theirs. They are called post exchanges. I won't share the names of the forums, but it you google, 'promote my forum' and 'forum post exchanges' you will find a lot of things :D
Like this idea but it's not quite exact

Post exchange is not good for your forum if you want to have somethings worth to readers or ever for ranking on search engines.

Mostly members do post exchange don't know about niche they are posting on that forum thus some information is wrong or less exact.

I would suggest you provide quality posts and combine with promoting on social networks which can bring huge traffic to your forum.

Also an awesome design is a must.

Dean

Having a giveaway or some other kind of promotion usually works well to help grow a forum. Figure out something that the target audience of your forum would like then offer some kind of giveaway by having a contest. Gift cards work well for this.

Then promote the giveaway on the social media websites and draw some new members who are wanting to try to win what you are offering in your giveaway.

Things like most posts, best posts, most helpful member and so on are things that can be part of the giveaway.

You would be surprised at how something as simple as giving something away can draw new members and cultivate more action on your forum!

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Promoting a new forum is not easy these days, especially with so many other social sites for people to interact with others on. Getting new members and getting the boards active is very important for the success on a newly created forum.

You will want to grow your membership quickly and one of the best ways to do that is by using PPC advertising like AdWords or Bing Ads. These will help to draw people to your site and then you have to make them want to join.

Make your forum look clean, neat and well organized and that will help. You will also want to make sure to keep the junk/spam/low-quality posts in check because if new visitors to your forum see posts like these then there is a big chance that they will not join. Quality matters when it comes to a forum. ;)