Must Have WordPress Plugins?

amtwebsite

What are WordPress plugins must have in your wordpress blog? why have you used it?

On my wordpress blog, I am using Akismet, WordPress SEO by Yoast, W3 Total Cache, Contact Form 7. What about your blog?

nesito29

It really depends on your website's finality however, I primarily focus on speed.
My plugins are:
  • All in one schema.org Rich Snippets
  • Beaver Builder
  • Breadcrumb NavXT
  • Disqus Comment System
  • SumoMe
  • WordPress SEO
  • Jetpack by WordPress.com
These are the plugins I use in my sites. Well.. most of them, as I said it really depends on the finality of your site.

nesito29

I used Disqus Comment System plugin on my wordpress blog in the past but I removed it

Because i realized that it's not effective for my blog. Do you find any good features when using it?

Yeah, it's really nice. I decided to use it over Facebook's mainly because I don't really use much Facebook for marketing, I don't like it very much for those purposes. I mainly use Facebook to capture leads. What Disqus helps me with is having a more intimate community, Disqus does it's work by promoting within their site, plus the people that come to my sites organically.

I guess what you need to do with Disqus is create a very engaging post and have people talk about it. Once people is talking about it, select the best comments and up-vote them, that way you give a higher importance to those posts and Disques starts to notice your conversations. After a while Disqus will promote you on their "What's Hot" section, it's not really hard to do and you will get more eyeballs to see your content that way.

Hope this helps you with Disqus! :)

Yoast SEO, Fast Secure Contact Form, SiteOrigin Page Builder, BackupBuddy, Black Studio TinyMCE Widget, Jetpack, Media Library Categories Premium, Relative Image URLs, Maintenance Mode, TinyMCE Advanced, WP Optimize, and TinyMCE Spellcheck

Anything more than that is project specific

Last edited by a moderator:

ulterios

On most of my WordPress websites I use several of the same plugins, then there are certain ones that are needed for particular purposes only that will differ from one WordPress website to another.

Here are the main ones that I use on almost all of my WordPress websites:

Wordfence Security
All In On SEO Pack
Jetpack (a couple of the modules only)
TinyMCE Advanced
WP Statistics

Dean

I use some different Wordpress plugins based on the specific needs of that particular website and what is does and is about. I do have a few that are on most of my sites but for most each has some different plugins.

I use the Jetpack plugin on all of them and I use certain parts of it only and not all of them. I use an SEOplugin which is usually All-in-One SEO and I even have a couple of others I used for various reasons. I use WP Super Cache to help with the speed and caching needs. I also use a contact form plugin which is usually Contact Form 7.

Other than these I use a few others depending on the needs I have for a particular site.

Cheers, Dean.

Dean

One new must-have Wordpress plugin that I just started using and love is called WP-Optimize. It will optimize your Wordpress database and can help speed up your site.

A really cool plugin that I just started using and highly recommend.

Traveler

My must have wordress plugins are:

Yoast SEO
Wordfence Security
WP Super Cache and Contact Form 7

I use some others but these are the ones that always stay on my site.