Looking for web hosting, is Godaddy good?

JennyJ

I'm looking for some web hosting for a couple of blogs and wanted to know if Godaddy web hosting is any good.

Does anyone know if they are good or not?

ulterios

Which type of GoDaddy web hosting are you looking at? Shared, Managed WordPress, etc.?

If you get their shared hosting then you need to be cautious because they do not have a decent amount of RAM on their lower package if you run a WordPress website and you'll get a warning about resources overuse and they will tell you to buy more RAM.

I don't know for sure but their managed WordPress might have more RAM. I do know that one of our members, @vishwa uses their managed WordPress hosting for his marketing blog and he says that is runs great so if you will be using WordPress then you might look at that if you want GoDaddy web hosting.

Dean

Godaddy web hosting is ok but if you decide to go with their shared hosting plan then you will want to get one of their higher priced plans.

Their lower priced plans have a low amount of resources so a couple of Wordpress blogs will probably get you a warning for reaching or over the resource limits along with a message to upgrade your account.

If you are just having one Wordpress blog and it's optimized and is low traffic then you will maybe be alright.

Their managed Wordpress hosting might be a better choice for 2 Wordpress blogs.

Traveler

I think it will depend on which hosting type and which plan. I think that some will be ok but the cheaper ones are probably not too good.

KeralMTG

Godaddy is ok I guess. One of my blogging friend says it is good and one says it is not so I think it just depends. You can check the hosting offers here on the forum and probably get a better hosting service for a better price.

Storm

Godaddy will probably be ok for your site at first until you start getting a bigger site that has more traffic. If you are going to have a wordpress site then you might want to use their managed wordpress web hosting so it might be a little better for a wordpress site.

JennyJ

Godaddy will probably be ok for your site at first until you start getting a bigger site that has more traffic. If you are going to have a wordpress site then you might want to use their managed wordpress web hosting so it might be a little better for a wordpress site.
Yeah they are going to be Wordpress blogs. I just don't want to get hosting at one place and then have to move them any time soon. I'd like to find a host that I can stay with for a while at least.

Catherine1

I've read that Godaddy web hosting plans have a low amount of RAM and that is not too good. I am not sure if it's that important of not but you might want to look into that before buying there.

vishwa

If you solely want to create a WordPress website than I would suggest that Godaddy managed WordPress hosting is great choice for you. I am also using there managed WordPress hosting for my blog and it works great for me.

JennyJ

If you solely want to create a WordPress website than I would suggest that Godaddy managed WordPress hosting is great choice for you. I am also using there managed WordPress hosting for my blog and it works great for me.
I saw the Godaddy managed Wordpress web hosting on their website and it is saying it is supposed to be better than regular web hosting for Wordpress websites so I was thinking about trying it out.

I just don't know much about web hosting and don't know if I have to learn new things by using this type of hosting. I am a little familiar with Cpanel web hosting which is what I am used to but don't know how different the managed Wordpress web hosting is.