Is WordPress King?

Is WordPress King?

Discussion in 'Web Programming' started by David Ewen, Jul 16, 2015.

1. David Ewen

David Ewen Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Many websites are built with WordPress, but I've found other tools that seem to be easier to use such as the template driven resources like Wix or Weebly. What am I losing out on by not going with WordPress. Is there something about WordPress that pushes all others out of competition? Let me know.

2. Hostlumina

Hostlumina Active Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0
    If you are comparing WIX with WordPress. The biggest gain I believe is control of your website from just installing it to plugins that will benefit your website and visitors.

My recommendation is for you to tryout WordPress for free to get a feel of it @ wordpress.com
    It is a powerful script as long as you keep it secure & up to date.

3. PluginForage

PluginForage Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sum it up in one word how WordPress beats sites like wix and weebly; Customization

4. aaron kev

aaron kev Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I prefer wordpress just because of one reason, awesome plugins that help in on page/ off page optimization. It helps a lot.

5. Catherine1

Catherine1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I was looking at other options besides wordpress myself and keep going back to thinking that wordpress is the best option. There are many reasons like the amount of plugins and themes, and also the sheer number of people out there using it so there's lots of good information and help if you need it.

6. Ilyas

Ilyas New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Wix and Weebly are totally different than WordPress, you can't compare them. WordPress is awesome for customization and its plugins. And it gives a nice and simple interface for managing pages and posts.

7. ims

ims Looking for Stars... Staff Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Wordpress can be the "King" at this time but not sure it still keeps the position #1 in the future. Joomla was ever King in the past but since Wordpress appeared, it decreased market share on the internet.

I think no CMS is King, it depends on users and what features a user needs for their sites.

8. KeralMTG

KeralMTG Active Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I think wordpress is king of the CMS for now but that can change in the future. I think no software can be the best all of time.

9. vishwa

vishwa Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    WordPress is very intuitive to use and have plethora of themes and plugins which helps you to expand and create almost any type of site you want. So, According to me WordPress is really a king.

10. ulterios

ulterios Global Mod

Ratings:
    +203 / 1 / -0
    Yes these types of website builder are easier but they lack a lot of the extra functions and features that a more full featured CMS can offer.

Well, you are loosing out on the many functions that WordPress has over the simple website builders. You are missing out on the countless extra features, functions and capabilities that WordPress and it's thousands of plugins can add to a website over the simple website builders. You are also missing out on the many preset design themes as well as the custom made themes that can be made for WordPress over simple site builders like Weebly and Wix.

There are way too many things to list that Weebly and Wix lack over WordPress as a CMS. If you are going to be choosing between either Weebly or Wix vs. WordPress, then WordPress is the way to go! ;)

11. Dean

Dean Active Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    Wordpress has turned into a giant and is being used on more sites around the web than anything else, so Yes Wordpress is King!

Some of the site builders might be easier to use but they lack so much functionality that Wordpress offers. If you need Wordpress to do something that is usually doesn't do, there is usually a plugin to give it that ability.

Personally I would prefer to build my own sites from scratch but for those who can't or don't have the time, Wordpress is usually a real good choice.

Cheers, Dean

12. James91

James91 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    now wordpress is king in blog but I don't that is true in futures