is there any difference between keyword research for website or youtube?

I want to know is there any difference between keyword research techniques for a website and a youtube video? can we use the same method for youtube video as we do for a website? or is there any difference?

elcidofaguy

Unfortunately there is not a Youtube equivalent to Google's keyword planner tool - so it is impossible to ascertain the difference between what people search in Google vs. Youtube with regards to keywords and search volume etc....

That said there certainly is a correlation i.e. popular keywords tend to be the same regardless of platform... With Youtube when conducting your research - I also recommend that you take the time to see what your competition is for various keywords... You can also examine popularity i.e. views, comments, subscriptions and numbers of related videos... as well as backlinks etc... all which will help with choosing your target keywords as well as forming a plan to increase its rankings...

Mark007

There is no specific keyword research option for YouTube videos. Google keyword planner can be used to research for the targeted keywords for both search engine and YouTube. Also YouTube keyword research can be done manually by searching a particular keyword in YouTube. The search shows the number of searches for the particular keyword just as Google.

There is no specific keyword research option for YouTube videos. Google keyword planner can be used to research for the targeted keywords for both search engine and YouTube. Also YouTube keyword research can be done manually by searching a particular keyword in YouTube. The search shows the number of searches for the particular keyword just as Google.
Unfortunately there is not a Youtube equivalent to Google's keyword planner tool - so it is impossible to ascertain the difference between what people search in Google vs. Youtube with regards to keywords and search volume etc....

That said there certainly is a correlation i.e. popular keywords tend to be the same regardless of platform... With Youtube when conducting your research - I also recommend that you take the time to see what your competition is for various keywords... You can also examine popularity i.e. views, comments, subscriptions and numbers of related videos... as well as backlinks etc... all which will help with choosing your target keywords as well as forming a plan to increase its rankings...
I want to ask you a question that if I use google keyword planner for searching keyword. Then google shows us average monthly searches for the keyword will they be same for a Youtube or those are particularly for web?

Mark007

I want to ask you a question that if I use google keyword planner for searching keyword. Then google shows us average monthly searches for the keyword will they be same for a Youtube or those are particularly for web?

The searches are not at all similar, you don't get the exact matches. To get the exact matches you need to perform a manual search in Google or YouTube with the specific keywords. Google keyword planner only provides you with keyword suggestions and variations to help you choose the right one.

The searches are not at all similar, you don't get the exact matches. To get the exact matches you need to perform a manual search in Google or YouTube with the specific keywords. Google keyword planner only provides you with keyword suggestions and variations to help you choose the right one.
Ohh That's the reason why I am not getting the required results. Now I will try to follow your guide and work manual for keywords of my niche! :)