Is it possible to use same website but with three domain names?

bkannancgn

Hi,

I have one website and I want to buy 2 domains more, using redirect it to my main domain or creating a homepage with some pages and redirect links to main website. It is possible to do that without problem with SEO ranking?

PTTed

Hi,

I have one website and I want to buy 2 domains more, using redirect it to my main domain or creating a homepage with some pages and redirect links to main website. It is possible to do that without problem with SEO ranking?
Like Sam says, if you use a 301 redirect to redirect all domain traffic from the new domains to your primary domain, then it isn't a problem.

The only potential problem is if you publish content on the websites on the new domains. If you do that, then make your content unique on those new domains. Don't copy your homepage or any other page from your existing website. That could cause issues if you ever get link juice to the new domains.

If you wanted to though, you could just publish (unique homepages + however many other pages you want) on those new domains and then link back to your primary website on your primary domain. There is no problem doing that.

If you want all 3 domains to end up in the same place, e.g. park 2 of them on the main one, in Google Webmaster be sure to set your preferred domain.

david smith

The content that one would use must be engaging to the audience of interest. If one uses duplicate content then using proper redirection or canonical tags can help. The search engine would be instructed where to pass the SEO advantage if any.