Is it good to use one affiliate network on a blog?

Dean

I am thinking along the lines of some of the other members. Why limit yourself and only have some advertisers things to promote when you can have a bigger selection with using more than one place to get ads from?
That's one of my thoughts on this matter. I do know several affiliate marketers that do only use one certain affiliate network.

When I have asked why I have gotten a mix of reasons why they do this including:
  • They like working with a particular affiliate network.
  • It's easier for them to reach the payout requirements faster.
  • It's easier to keep track of everything to do with their earnings.
  • A particular affiliate network has all the advertisers they use.

I can understand some of the reasons but personally I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket just in case their is an issue.

KeralMTG

That's one of my thoughts on this matter. I do know several affiliate marketers that do only use one certain affiliate network.

When I have asked why I have gotten a mix of reasons why they do this including:
  • They like working with a particular affiliate network.
  • It's easier for them to reach the payout requirements faster.
  • It's easier to keep track of everything to do with their earnings.
  • A particular affiliate network has all the advertisers they use.

I can understand some of the reasons but personally I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket just in case their is an issue.
I was thinking about the one about reaching the payout requirement faster since all your commissions would be coming from the same affiliate website.

Dean

I was thinking about the one about reaching the payout requirement faster since all your commissions would be coming from the same affiliate website.
That is one that I seem to hear a lot and see a lot around the web. However I do think that if you are that worried about reaching the payout then you should have other concerns like improving your marketing.

JennyJ

Even though I am have not been doing internet marketing that long using just one affiliate network seems like you are just limiting the advertisement possibilities that you can have and make money from.

I think that you should use multiple networks but just make sure that you are not violating any advertisers rules.