Is it good to have a blogger blog with a seperate wordpress blog for marketing?

Catherine1

I was looking at some posts around the web lately and have seen it where people not only have their own wordpress blog on their own hosting but they also have a blogger.com blog as well.

Is this good for marketing purposes to have both or is there some other reason to have a free blog at blogger along with your own wordpress blog on your own hosting?

Kb24

If you have a wordpress site its best if you have a blog with it together. By doing this you will keep your website fresh with content. Google loves fresh content. If its content that people want to read then it will get shared through social mediums giving your site traffic and produce somewhat of a viral effect for your site. Hopefully you make affiliate sales too...

hope this helps..

Catherine1

If you have a wordpress site its best if you have a blog with it together. By doing this you will keep your website fresh with content. Google loves fresh content. If its content that people want to read then it will get shared through social mediums giving your site traffic and produce somewhat of a viral effect for your site. Hopefully you make affiliate sales too...

hope this helps..
Thanks. What I was meaning that in addition to a blog on your own wordpress website, also having a blogger.com blog that is a separate blog. I see people having other blogs that are some way tied to their wordpress blog. I was curious if it's worth the trouble of having 2 that are somewhat related and helping each other.

Waqass

Some people try
Thanks. What I was meaning that in addition to a blog on your own wordpress website, also having a blogger.com blog that is a separate blog. I see people having other blogs that are some way tied to their wordpress blog. I was curious if it's worth the trouble of having 2 that are somewhat related and helping each other.
Some people try to build their PBN (Personal blog network) where the blogs are interconnected and back links to the main blog. The Google gives heavy weight-age to the back links. But if your blogs are not linking to each other then there is no need to maintain two separate blogs.

ulterios

Most people would probably do this to create backlinks to their main blog/site to help improve it's ranking with the additional backlinks.

You have to be careful though, if the backlinks don't look right in the eyes of the Search Engines then it might get you a penalty or even banned from their index. Of course with a ban, you would have to really abuse the method and I would doubt it would happen, but you could easily get an algorithm penalty and that would hurt.

I would just concentrate on one blog and then go out and build the backlinks for it.

Good Luck. ;)

Catherine1

Thanks for your replies. I just didn't understand if it was a good idea or a waste of time. I always thought it would be better to put all your effort into one rather than split your time and efforts into two.

Dean

I always thought it would be better to put all your effort into one rather than split your time and efforts into two.
That's a good way to think about it. Some people spend so much time split between two basically identical efforts that they are both done half as good as they could be if their efforts were on just one.

Cheers, Dean

Catherine1

That's a good way to think about it. Some people spend so much time split between two basically identical efforts that they are both done half as good as they could be if their efforts were on just one.

Cheers, Dean
I just thought that if you were going to have two different blogs then you should have them in a different niche from each other so you are not competing against yourself. LOL

ulterios

I just thought that if you were going to have two different blogs then you should have them in a different niche from each other so you are not competing against yourself. LOL
That's true but as I said in my previous reply, most people do this to create backlinks for their site. You have to be careful though if that's what you are trying to do, if Google catches on then you can get your site penalized.

Their algorithm is programmed to catch things like this, so caution must be used if you want to attempt this!

Catherine1

That's true but as I said in my previous reply, most people do this to create backlinks for their site. You have to be careful though if that's what you are trying to do, if Google catches on then you can get your site penalized.

Their algorithm is programmed to catch things like this, so caution must be used if you want to attempt this!
How would google catch you? Do they know who owns both blogs somehow?

Dean

Well Google owns blogger so they would have access to all the data from the site and they and their algorithm can make comparisons to things they find on your site.

If you were going to have one blog linking to another then using a blog platform that isn't owned by Google would be the best choice although I don't know if that would be a real big help or not. Many people have speculated that Google is granted certain information from sites like wordpress.com and other blogging platforms and they can use that data in their algorithm and checking.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

As stated by Dean above, Google has many methods for determining these things. The main one in this case is that Google owns Blogger so all the data from Blogger is theirs to use as they want. They would have records of IP's used to log in, sign-up, update and many other things.

People can sometimes play the search engines for a while but most of the time they catch on sooner or later!

Good Luck. ;)

Catherine1

Well since Google owns blogger and has information on people then you would think that people would be careful if that can hurt their site.

Dean

Well since Google owns blogger and has information on people then you would think that people would be careful if that can hurt their site.
Well many people do not think before they do things and that is what gets them in trouble in this case.

Think before you do also works well for building links!

Cheers, Dean.

Catherine1

Well many people do not think before they do things and that is what gets them in trouble in this case.

Think before you do also works well for building links!

Cheers, Dean.
Some people just don't think about the bigger picture before they do things, I do. That's why I decided to ask first so that I would get more information. Thanks for the thoughts.

KeralMTG

Yes you should always be careful if you are using blogger to build backlinks since google owns this site. If they give your good site a penalty it can hurt it badly. Always be careful when trying to do the things that google is against like building links in ways they do not like.

Muzzamil

I was looking at some posts around the web lately and have seen it where people not only have their own wordpress blog on their own hosting but they also have a blogger.com blog as well.

Is this good for marketing purposes to have both or is there some other reason to have a free blog at blogger along with your own wordpress blog on your own hosting?
Whether you use blogger or wordpress for blogging, it has no effect on how much traffic you will get on our website. I would recommend you to have it on wordpress with your website so people that come to read your blog will also be able to check out your website and possibly buy whatever it is that you might be selling. Good Luck!

Catherine1

Whether you use blogger or wordpress for blogging, it has no effect on how much traffic you will get on our website. I would recommend you to have it on wordpress with your website so people that come to read your blog will also be able to check out your website and possibly buy whatever it is that you might be selling. Good Luck!
I have been just trying to understand why people would want to split their efforts between two sites that are in the same fields. It seems like a waste of efforts and energy. Why would you want to compete against yourself by having two blogs that cover the same things?

Muzzamil

I have been just trying to understand why people would want to split their efforts between two sites that are in the same fields. It seems like a waste of efforts and energy. Why would you want to compete against yourself by having two blogs that cover the same things?
Well you are right, having multiple website for same niche can cause confusion among people.

Catherine1

Well you are right, having multiple website for same niche can cause confusion among people.
It really doesn't make sense to me unless they were in different niches.

Do you think the people that do that are just trying to give themselves two chances at making a sale? Thant's the only thing I can think of myself.