Is anyone an affiliate for social media services?

Dean

I have come across some affiliate programs that I haven't tried yet and had no experience with and wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with being an affiliate for these services.

I am talking about the affiliate programs that sell social media related services. I have seen affiliate programs for HootSuite, SproutSocial and a few others around while doing my normal daily duties and work.

I am curious as to if they sell well or not. They do have pretty good commissions for them so if they sold at least ok then they might be something to look into.

If anyone has been an affiliate for an advertiser that sells social media type services or has any good information on them I would love to hear from you. I'm just curious if they are worth bothering with or not.

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

I have not used these before but a blogger friend of mine uses the one for hootsuite and says he makes good money from it. He says that sometimes it only sells a couple each month but some months he sell many of them. I will probably try these myself to see if they do good or not.

ulterios

I joined the HootSuite affiliate program maybe six months ago after doing some reading on it. I have put up some ads on a few of my websites and have always gotten some decent click numbers but they really have not converted well.

I think the type of site (if you have one) you place affiliate ads must be one that has a good targeted audience will probably be the best choice for using this program.

Maria Marketing

I have never marketed any of these so I don't know just how good they are but I have not seen that many advertisements around for these services so then it makes me wonder just how good they are. If they were good then wouldn't there be more people trying to market these?

ulterios

I have never marketed any of these so I don't know just how good they are but I have not seen that many advertisements around for these services so then it makes me wonder just how good they are. If they were good then wouldn't there be more people trying to market these?
I have no idea as to how good these programs are but not seeing them around should not be an indicator as to how good the programs are. It could just be that they are not marketing their affiliate programs properly or in a wide enough field to get more affiliates. ;)

Maria Marketing

I have no idea as to how good these programs are but not seeing them around should not be an indicator as to how good the programs are. It could just be that they are not marketing their affiliate programs properly or in a wide enough field to get more affiliates. ;)
I didn't even think about that. You might be right. Maybe they just need to get someone to start promoting their affiliate program a little better! :)

Traveler

I have seen these services around but I was not aware of any affiliate program for them. Some of these can be quite costly so it has me wondering how much they pay out to affiliates for a sale. I'll be checking this out and post for you guys if I learn anything.

matteomatt

Just to throw in something else, some CPA networks have offers / niches with content lockers that advertise social media services. Instagram follows, facebook likes, soundcloud likes, they are on CPALead but probably other networks as well, I haven't had problems with CPALead but there might be better networks out there.

Dean

Just to throw in something else, some CPA networks have offers / niches with content lockers that advertise social media services. Instagram follows, facebook likes, soundcloud likes, they are on CPALead but probably other networks as well, I haven't had problems with CPALead but there might be better networks out there.
Do those types of affiliate programs do well and have you done well with these?

It seems like they are advertised everywhere so I am curious as to if the market is too flooded with the offers to sell well. Although there are more and more people using the social media networks so I guess there are also a lot of potential customers.

Cheers, Dean.

matteomatt

According to some they do well, but honestly I thin the ones I am talking about look kinda spammy, so they probably don't convert that well. I haven't honestly made any money off them, but I never promoted them hard.
Id say if you have alot of twitter traffic, then the twitter follows app might get high conversions.

Below is a picture of the thumbnails just for an idea, once again all it really is is a content locker page.
folllows.jpg

Dean

According to some they do well, but honestly I thin the ones I am talking about look kinda spammy, so they probably don't convert that well. I haven't honestly made any money off them, but I never promoted them hard.
Id say if you have alot of twitter traffic, then the twitter follows app might get high conversions.

Below is a picture of the thumbnails just for an idea, once again all it really is is a content locker page.
folllows.jpg
Well sometimes "Spammy" sells, real well for some things. I have never marketed any of these things so I know very little on the subject myself. Thanks for the information and your input. :)

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

folllows.jpg
I see those things promoted everywhere lately it seems. I have been curious what kind of payout an affiliate makes from sales.

Dean

After looking into the affiliate program for HootSuite I found that their affiliate program is run through Commission Junction. The commissions are not the best but they are decent if you have the right kind of mailing list or website to promote them on.

Here are some of their key features:

Commission for monthly plan referrals (100% of the first month fees)
Commission for annual plan referrals (15% of all fees paid)
No program payout thresholds

I think that one of the best ways to market these services is to do it on the social media sites directly. Since the people that would benefit from these services the most are already there then it should get decent results.

If anyone decides to try this program out then please post back here and let us all know how it goes.

Cheers, Dean.