Internet Marketing Web Hosting

RDO Servers

A while back "SEO Hosting" became a keyword that a lot of hosting providers (not us!) loved to throw around, when really it was no different from regular web hosting.

I'd like to know, from a Internet Marketing perspective, what would you like to see in a web hosting package?

Everyone wants plenty of space and bandwidth (but remember, there is no such thing as truly "unlimited"!), and a fast speed, but is there anything else that you would look for? Any added features or pre-installed packages that would make the perfect Internet Marketing Web Hosting?

Luca

Personally, I'd like to see more supports on forum installation packages. Like for example, many hosts provided top-notch pre-installed WordPress plugins for their software-supported (ex: Softaculous) WordPess installatons. But free forum softwares are being left as what it is out of the box.

johnwise

A while back "SEO Hosting" became a keyword that a lot of hosting providers (not us!) loved to throw around, when really it was no different from regular web hosting.
According to me, this is not a hot keyword for web hosting provider focus on, the most important thins is they need to focus on promoting on forums and social media to attract more potential customers.
I'd like to know, from a Internet Marketing perspective, what would you like to see in a web hosting package?
I used to read review and features of web hosting from web master forums and internet marketing forums to choose hosting for my websites. From Internet Marketing perspectives, I would like to see how they can support, features and price that suits to my requirements.

RDO Servers

Personally, I'd like to see more supports on forum installation packages. Like for example, many hosts provided top-notch pre-installed WordPress plugins for their software-supported (ex: Softaculous) WordPess installatons. But free forum softwares are being left as what it is out of the box.

Thanks Luca, good point. Although we already offer several forum options, we will have to see if we can expand our preconfigured forum offerings!

Excellent thread @RDO Servers ;

@Luca unfortunately with the ways that Forum software is built, it is not quite as easy to offer a quick-installation that features modifications/addons as Wordpress is capable of doing. A lot of the modules/addons produced for Forum based software is licensed through the developers of said plugins/addons, therefore you are required to go through them and download the software through them. Wordpress has a license agreement with the developers of plugins; making it possible for easy slipstream installation through the software itself. I understand how difficult this must be, what I would recommend is looking for a Hosting Provider that is willing to help you out from time to time with things like this. Some hosting providers will provide you with 1 hour of free managed script installations per month, though the selection of hosts that offer this is slim.