Internet Marketing vs Direct Mail Marketing?

SmithW

Hey guys!

I know that every Internet Marketing experts here are going to eat me alive for asking this question. But, do you think in some cases direct mail marketing can be a better option than Internet Marketing and SEO?

At least, when looking for a quick results and targeting a smaller audience?

ulterios

If you are marketing a product or service that is better suited to be sold directly to a company/business then this method sometimes works well.

If you are trying to market something by direct mail then you are going to have to have a specific type of person or business that you are going after. Perhaps a person or business that conducts all the business directlywith customers/clients and not through the internet.

I have read some articles over the years that direct mailing does work well for certain things but to be honest I don't remember what those things were since they were not something I was into.

Storm

Direct mail might be good for some things but I think that it's just going to be too expensive paying for postage versus emails are pretty much almost nothing to send in bulk.

Have you tried this or looked at the costs?

Sudipta Sen

In a typical case of “well they would say that wouldn’t they” the US Postal service has just published a study that suggests direct mail is much more effective than digital advertising. Since almost a third of their annual revenues depend on direct marketing, it’s hardly surprising that they sought to prove the efficiency of the way of marketing. But the figures that they highlight are very interesting to view.

Dean

I imagine that there will be some cases where direct mail marketing might be more effective but you would have to be careful because direct mail marketing is going to be much, much more expensive.

If it's used for the right things then I am sure it would be worth the cost but I really wouldn't know what those would be.

KeralMTG

Hey guys!

I know that every Internet Marketing experts here are going to eat me alive for asking this question. But, do you think in some cases direct mail marketing can be a better option than Internet Marketing and SEO?

What about the price of post fees for sending the mails? That will be expensive to send a lot of them.

Maria Marketing

If you use direct mailing then won't the post rates be a big expense?

I guess if you knew you would make money from the expense then it would be worth it.

Smith-K

Hey guys!

Why not use a mix of all three and explode your profits?

Direct mail is more of an old approach that still works but it takes a lot of time, but the good thing is that you can interact with your client directly and close the deal. As opposed to online marketing where you do not even meet your customers.

Raeann Bell

I think internet marketing is more effective than direct mail marketing. Because you have a limitation to do mail marketing, but internet marketing has no limit.

Melker

Coming from an amateur internet marketer it seems like it is going to cost much more to reach the same amount of people to do it through the mail because of the postal fees to send things. Seems like you better know what you are doing and have a real good mailing list.

Catherine1

I guess it could be better for some thing but I have no clue what those would be. The cost of direct mailing is going to be a big factor to think about.

Marcos

I think the associated costs versus the gains will be much better in email marketing for most people but there may be some who benefit from direct mailings.