Identify the keywords valuable or not?

Ricky Britton

How to identify a keyword is valuable or not?

which tools are you using to do that?

Recently I've found a good keyword for my niche I'm targeting but I don't know to analysis it.

Any one helps?

elcidofaguy

There's a couple of things you can do...

1) Type it in Google and look to see if they are any ads, how many ads and the type of ads and websites e.g. what products are being sold and for how much... Next look at your organic listings and examine the top sites... Are they promoting, selling products too? This analysis will tell you how commercial the keyword is...

2) Next use Google's keyword planner tool... Make sure to use "exact match" settings... Type the keyword into that and you will see the approx. amount of traffic it gets per month and the average bidding cost for PPC... If it has a high PPC then you know its a competitive keyword which is regarded as having value...

bestwptheme

1) Type it in Google and look to see if they are any ads, how many ads and the type of ads and websites e.g. what products are being sold and for how much... Next look at your organic listings and examine the top sites... Are they promoting, selling products too? This analysis will tell you how commercial the keyword is...

This may not work if they disable from IP range where my IP address can not see their ads.

2) Next use Google's keyword planner tool... Make sure to use "exact match" settings... Type the keyword into that and you will see the approx. amount of traffic it gets per month and the average bidding cost for PPC... If it has a high PPC then you know its a competitive keyword which is regarded as having value...

It's rather common, I didn't find these, would you elaborate it?

elcidofaguy

This may not work if they disable from IP range where my IP address can not see their ads.
Interesting comment... In that case use a proxy server to see Google results in different locations i.e US, UK etc...

It's rather common, I didn't find these, would you elaborate it?
- First of all sign-up for a gmail account.. and then use that to logon here. Note that its part of Adwords but luckily you dont need to post any ads to use it... There are quite a few tutorials online on how to use it for example here..