I need advice for a domain name

KeralMTG

I have been trying to figure out a good domain name to buy to use for my new blog but I do not know what are the best choices. I do not know if I should use a keyword or unique name for the domain so which do you think is better choice? All the good names are gone that I can think of in the .com so then would another new generic domain work instead?

I keep looking in google but get more confused and this has been taking too long for me to figure out so I want to figure this out soon and will be thankful for some help please.

Muzzamil

I have been trying to figure out a good domain name to buy to use for my new blog but I do not know what are the best choices. I do not know if I should use a keyword or unique name for the domain so which do you think is better choice? All the good names are gone that I can think of in the .com so then would another new generic domain work instead?

I keep looking in google but get more confused and this has been taking too long for me to figure out so I want to figure this out soon and will be thankful for some help please.
You shouldn't overthink this. Choose the name that best represents you brand. Or choose a domain of your original name if you want to build authority. Also if there is a some kind of product that you would like to sell, you can choose a domain according to that. Choosing a domain name can be confusing because I remember I was confused too so I just ended up choosing a domain of my name and I have no regret about it because I am building authority because a lot of people now know me because of my domain name. A lot of other people do this. So just think about what you will do with your domain name and buy it right away because the more you think, the longer you will delay buying the domain. Also you can always sell your domain name and buy a new one so it's like it is going to be permanent. Good Luck!

Dean

I know how you feel Keral because I go through that sometimes when I am trying to figure out what domain I want for a new website. I do tend to think about things too much which adds to this.

This all comes down to what you like and what you think is best for your needs. One thing that you need to ask yourself is if you want to use some kind of keyword domain name with words in the domain that relate to what your site is about or if you want to use a domain name that is unique and/or brandable.

If you are not going to be selling the domain name down the line then you can also use some of the new generic TLD domains, there are tons of good ones out there. You will possibly have some confusion with people not understanding some of the new domain extensions, so you have to account for that. If that worries you then stick to a .com if possible and then if not then maybe a .net, .info or .biz.

It's all going to come down to your wants and preferences. If you come up with a few that are available that you like then you can always post them here and ask for opinions. I wouldn't show the extension though if you do that so someone doesn't see it and go register it out from under you.

If you have any specific questions then you can also PM me if you would like and I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

You shouldn't overthink this. Choose the name that best represents you brand. Or choose a domain of your original name if you want to build authority. Also if there is a some kind of product that you would like to sell, you can choose a domain according to that. Choosing a domain name can be confusing because I remember I was confused too so I just ended up choosing a domain of my name and I have no regret about it because I am building authority because a lot of people now know me because of my domain name. A lot of other people do this. So just think about what you will do with your domain name and buy it right away because the more you think, the longer you will delay buying the domain. Also you can always sell your domain name and buy a new one so it's like it is going to be permanent. Good Luck!
Yes I know but I just do not want to make a mistake a buy the wrong domain. So then you think a name is good for trust even if the website is new?

KeralMTG

I know how you feel Keral because I go through that sometimes when I am trying to figure out what domain I want for a new website. I do tend to think about things too much which adds to this.

This all comes down to what you like and what you think is best for your needs. One thing that you need to ask yourself is if you want to use some kind of keyword domain name with words in the domain that relate to what your site is about or if you want to use a domain name that is unique and/or brandable.

If you are not going to be selling the domain name down the line then you can also use some of the new generic TLD domains, there are tons of good ones out there. You will possibly have some confusion with people not understanding some of the new domain extensions, so you have to account for that. If that worries you then stick to a .com if possible and then if not then maybe a .net, .info or .biz.

It's all going to come down to your wants and preferences. If you come up with a few that are available that you like then you can always post them here and ask for opinions. I wouldn't show the extension though if you do that so someone doesn't see it and go register it out from under you.

If you have any specific questions then you can also PM me if you would like and I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
If I come up with some good ones then I might pm you so you can give your advice. Thank you.

Ellen F

I always liked the unique names because they are not associated with something else. I have been looking into domain names also and I understand that it can be tough to find a good name that you like since all the good ones are gone. I would just look around the web at sites that are in the same niche as your site will be and see if something is found.

ulterios

I have always preferred to have a good unique name that can become a brand name that is recognizable by just the name. Keyword domains always seem kind of bland and cheap to me. I would rather have a domain name that stands out and has more prestige than just some keyword domains.

As for all the good names taken in the better extensions, there are some to be found but you will find keyword domains are harder to find since Google used to give those a big SEO bump till people started gaming their system. Unique names can still be found.

If you can't find on you like in the usual extensions then you can try some of the newer ones. Just don't get something that seems out of place and also make sure you check what the renewal rates are for any new extension you are thinking about. Lots of those are very high to renew. They offer dirt cheap registrations for many of them upon first registration then upon renewal they hit you with a fat price.

Just look around and see if something trigger an idea for a domain name that you like. You can also try some of the domain name generators/finders. One that is pretty good is impossibility.org which I have used to help find a name. It might not give you any names you like but it can also help you get ideas.

Good luck with your search and if you have any questions just ask. ;)

KeralMTG

Thanks for the help guys. I think I will look for a unique name and maybe try the name finder that ulterios posted. I will see what I come up with and maybe share what I find.

Traveler

I always like to have a domain that nobody else has ever had so I say go with a unique name. That helps people remember that name when they see it around the web.

vishwa

Choosing a good domain name is really a challenging job. You can take help of domain name suggestion tools like this one https://www.domainit.com/domain-suggest-tool.mhtml just enter any keyword of your niche and it will show you some good domain names relevant to your niche. However It is highly recommend to use domain which is easy to remember by users and easy to spell and pronounce. Hope this will help you.

Storm

The other members gave some good advice so I think you have some input that you can use for your decision. I would make sure that the domain is easy to pronounce and spell. Lately so many sites have names that are hard to spell which makes going to them a pain and you sometimes wind up on another site. You don't want your potential site visitors going to someone else's site do you?

Ben

I always liked the names that are special and not tied to anything else. That way you are the one that people think of when that name is said or see. It has to make sense though. Some of the names I see these days make no sense at all...