How to promote an affiliate program?

pcullum

Hi guys,

I am new on this forum and I have a question.
I am currently working on plans for an affiliate program. What would you consider to be best means of advertising the program?
What ideas or features are, in your opinion, the best to make the program run smoother?
Any information would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

dezfutak

Hi @pcullum.

My suggestion would be to ask you to set up a website for your program which would enable your promotion.

Remember that it will require a lot of hard work and you would best be advised to incorporate Search Engine Optimization on your site.

Other means of promotion include informative posts on forums such as this one, writing articles in niche blogs, creating educative videos.

Remember though you have to act. Do not just take advice or suggestions and then shelve them. And also, keep us posted on your progress.

Dean

You can promote your offers in many ways but two of the best ones are to promote on social media websites like Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Another real good one is to promote through email marketing and earn your commissions through sales generated from your efforts using that promotion method.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

I think that using the social sites like facebook, linkedin and twitter would be real good to promote an affiliate program if you are looking to do it free or cheap. If you have some money to invest then using adwords or another similar advertising service would probably work real well.

ulterios

One real good way to promote your affiliate program would be to use a PPC program to help get the program launched. The two best options for this type of promotion (IMO) would be Google AdWords and/or Bing Ads. Bing has usually has a lower prices so you can usually get more clicks for the same amount of money.

Other than PPC advertising/promoting I would get a good social media marketing campaign going. Social media promoting can really help to get a lot of clicks and shouldn't be something that you do not value.

There can also be some niche specific options to promote your program but without knowing that then it's going to be hard to suggest anything else other than what has been suggested on this thread.

Maria Marketing

If you can find Groups on the social websites that are made up of people that are a good choice for your program then you might be able to present your affiliate program to them and get some sign-ups.

matteomatt

Part of it, like most internet marketing, depends on the niche. Facebook and the usual social media are always good, but some niches like Make Money Online, if that is your niche, might not do well on say Instagram.

Forums related to your niche, as well as other communities work well.

augusta

Did some research on this topic,for best method and I think the following would help.

Have a blog or website for advertising
write a review about a product and attach the link.
promote it on all your social media account.
Advertised the products through sending emails.

I think with the following ways,I will make a headway fast.

Don't stop to advertise it on any social media. You should post every day and night on facebook and twitter. Never stop doing it. Don't rest whenever you have sign ups from the other people. The advertisement is the life for the affiliate program. You can have it in your entire life.

young

"I am new on this forum and I have a question.
I am currently working on plans for an affiliate program. What would you consider to be best means of advertising the program?
What ideas or features are, in your opinion, the best to make the program run smoother?
Any information would be highly appreciated.

Thanks."

Make use of all the web sites you know. They are of great help in the promotion of your program. If you can get 2 0r 3 subscribers from each site then you are half way to your goals and dreams in life. Just be persistent and soon you'll be harvesting the fruits of your endeavors. Goodluck!

jay_cua

Did some research on this topic,for best method and I think the following would help.

Have a blog or website for advertising
write a review about a product and attach the link.
promote it on all your social media account.
Advertised the products through sending emails.

I think with the following ways,I will make a headway fast.

I have wondered about this myself. I get that you need to have a website or a blog and promote the product or company there and perhaps even provide a hyperlink. Is that right? But what I am not entirely sure though is that do you earn as an affiliate by simply doing that? Or should the person who views your website or blog do something more such as clicking the actual link and making a purchase or some sort of transaction with the company you are affiliating with before earning?

Thanks in advance if you could help clarify this.

Laudemer4

I dont know if this will help advertising your program, you can use facebook ad via facebook page because you can choose who can see your post. You just have to pick the people who are interested in it. You can widen the range of people who can see it from hundred to thousand. The reason of choosing the people is simply because not all of us have same idea some of the people who will open it will just look at it, if you will not choose the people that will open your page.

Maliaca22

You must have a website or a blog where you can promote your product or company and you should also advertise it on social media like Facebook, Twitter or Google plus.

Hallowishie

Promoting an affiliate can be very challenging especially for a new comer. If you look around the Internet, you would think the only way to promote an affiliate program is via banner ads. Everyone creates banner ads and invites people to place these at their site. Yet for many affiliate programs, the banner ad is simply a poor form of advertising. It encourages a limited response, is stuck on the top or bottom of the screen, and does little if anything for the affiliate, or your network.

Aside from banner ads, I think that you should focus on Email/Ezine Promotions to a Qualified List. Direct response marketing has been built on this fact for years, following up initial contacts with repeated messages inviting people to visit. Email is the best means to conduct this and to keep up with the volumes of email that come with a new affiliate program. You should also look into text Links/Endorsement With banner and show a featured product. The featured product enables you to gain exposure at the affiliate’s site in a way that is perceived favorably by visitors. Lastly, storefronts increase credibility by offering a selection of products in a single setting. The storefront should not be one of many at an affiliate’s Web Site, but an integral part of their efforts. While this requires more work on the part of the affiliate network, the returns can be much greater.