How to earn Money as a Freelancer

Hey Guys,

Are you guys here working as a freelancer and have you ever earned from it?
I have good skills on social marketing and forum posting, it is possible to earn money from your clients via freelancer sites like odesk.com or freelancer.com?

sam.hunt0710

Join elance.com / upwork.com ( odesk is now upwork)

Create a good profile over elance , Give test so that you can show your clients that you have knowledge in your field.

Never send copy+paste proposal . You can copy header and footer of the proposal but you need to explain the client what you have understand from his project description.

Try to get the client info
1.How many projects he has posted.
2.His joining date.
3.How many projects he has awarded.
4.How much he has spent on projects.
5.Whether he has given good review or not.

Start your proposal with client name if you can get from his info . Never start Dear sir , Respected sir , Hello sir etc.

Never leave your direct contact detail in your proposal you will get banned from that freelancing site.

When a project owner send you a PM( Personal Message ) then you can ask him to add you on his skype , gtalk or any other platform where you want to have easy convo with your client .

Never try to do deal outside the freelancing site.

Always post some decent example of your previous work done.

Enjoy getting projects and see money rolling in .

If you need any further help please let me know.

sam.hunt0710

One more important elance and upwork are united . So you can see similar project posted by the similar person on both platform.

Now if you are having accounts on both platforms with different names never set your similar examples in both proposals cause your client will think 2 different peoples posting similar examples and maybe your bid will get declined .

If you are using similar name on both the platforms then try to bid on that project from that platform where you have good reviews in that category.

Hope this will help.

Mark007

Freelancer websites are good way to build your portfolio and earn online. They help to build your freelancing experience and reputation.

Mark007

Do you know fastest ways to earn from these sites?

You need to be active on these websites to earn faster. Multiple projects at a time will help you to earn more. But obviously you need to get them done with client satisfaction. You get good reviews to build your freelancing profile online.

MidnightAngel

You need to be active on these websites to earn faster. Multiple projects at a time will help you to earn more. But obviously you need to get them done with client satisfaction. You get good reviews to build your freelancing profile online.

I agree with this one and the rest. I made my profile pretty nice with multiple samples of my work in all different genres in my portfolio at freelancer.com I'm working on a couple of different projects right now as I"m still new around there, as far as working there. I've looked at iwriter and elance, I haven't done anything on those yet, but I think a crisp clean profile with exactly what you can do as well as good proposals goes a long way. All of the bids I've made, my proposals are all in accordance to the project I'm willing to work on. It seems to work well. And of course, taking certain exams helps tremendously.

You are right, and i tried but i realized that to earn more from these websites, i needs to pass more competitors there because there are many freelancers like me always active on the platform and already to offer a good price to customers.