How to decrease Alexa ranking

KenR

I really need some tips on decreasing Alexa ranking, I google this but no more tips are found.

thanks

elcidofaguy

I really need some tips on decreasing Alexa ranking, I google this but no more tips are found.
thanks

I'm not sure why you would want to do that... Appreciate if you would let us all know... That aside your best best bet is it to block the alexa bot from crawling your site either via robots.txt or htaccess e.g. add this to robots.txt:

User-agent: ia_archiver
Disallow: /

In addition why don't you contact Alexa directly and ask them to remove your site from their index....

Wizard

Here some tips :
Post Fresh Content Regularly - "Must good Quality of Content"
Unique Visitors - "Try social networks"
Install Alexa Toolbar to your browser
Also Install Alexa Widget on Blog
Try to get Reviews on Alexa

elcidofaguy

Here some tips :

That's all very well with regards to increasing Alexa... But the OP asked how to decrease it - which is either wrong with it being misspelled or is actually asking how to decrease it lol... I have no clue why anyone would want to decrease it... Either way Alexa is a load of rubbish and wholly inaccurate... It does not contribute at all with rankings...

KenR

Here some tips :

why installing Alexa Widget on my Blog then it will improve my alexa rank?

That's all very well with regards to increasing Alexa... But the OP asked how to decrease it - which is either wrong with it being misspelled or is actually asking how to decrease it lol... I have no clue why anyone would want to decrease it... Either way Alexa is a load of rubbish and wholly inaccurate... It does not contribute at all with rankings...
You misunderstood me, I am asking to decrease alexa ranking mean wanting to improve alexa rank and my traffic

In Alexa, its rank decrease mean it is better.

elcidofaguy

why installing Alexa Widget on my Blog then it will improve my alexa rank?

You misunderstood me, I am asking to decrease alexa ranking mean wanting to improve alexa rank and my traffic

In Alexa, its rank decrease mean it is better.

No it does not... LMAO!!! To decrease ranking means to worsen your Alexa score to increase ranking means to improve... You got it the wrong way round!!! Clearly English is not your native language...

thanks

Improving Alexa score is easy because it isn't an accurate data. Honestly, I'd admit that I don't exact understand about how Alexa work, but I experience with this...

check this is post, http://blogmarketingsea.com/bloggin...tarting-a-blog-help-to-solve-biggest-problems

The above is nothing related to our dicussion, but I share it here because it is single post on my new blog and help me to improve alexa rank.

I this blog in the middle of last, The Alexa dropped from 1800k to 600k less then a month with a single post.

I didn't own any secret of that but when I did is

1. Comment on other blog.

2. Social media marketing.

3. Backlinks

I believe that if tried to comment on other blog, you'll more traffic and backlinks at the same time. Alexa love new backlink....

Social media could bring more traffic to your blog. The more traffic you got, the more better

I've create some Wiki links to my blog, and I found it's a missive backlinks...

sribharath

Backlinks are of no use as far as i know . alexa collects data usually from its widget and the tool bar

install alexa tool bar and tell your friends as well

market in forums and sites which has designers and seo professions as most of them have the toolbar

install the widget on your webpage

wait for it