How much success has your email list been for generating sales?

Dean

Hi everyone, I have a question for those of you that do some marketing through email. I am curious as to how much success you have had with your email marketing efforts for generating sales.

Personally I have had mixed results. At times, it seems to do very well, while at other times it has poor results. I have noticed that over the last couple of years the success has been down overall and I am curious as to how others have done, especially in recent years.

Any input that anyone would care to share would be appreciated. You don't have to share any marketing secrets that you have, I am just curious as to if success for all marketers has gone down lately or if it's just mine.

Cheers, Dean

Dean

Thanks for your input @sansastark , I appreciate it.

Have you purchased your mailing list or did you build it yourself? I ask because I have noticed that many bought email lists have a conversion rate that is similar to yours.

My conversion rates vary drastically and get as high as 10% on conversions, depending on the list and what I am promoting. I have had some close to yours also, depending on the product/service I am promoting as well.

I have been curious what others are getting and how well their lists are doing.

Thanks for sharing your input. :)

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

My lists have all slowed down some since summer started here in the US. A lot of people are going on vacations, buying things for the upcoming school year for their children and outside away from the computers so their is a noticeable reduction in conversions.

This happens every year in the summer time for me, especially since most of my lists are made up of people living in the US. I think I should start to grow a wider ranged list to help offset the slower summers here in the US! ;)