How many backlinks should I have from a site?

elinadsoza

Hey there,

How many backlinks should I have from a site to affect to keyword rankings on google?

I used to build links from forums and blogs and social networks but no more because some people told me that links from social networks didn't affect to SEO rankings.

Dean

How many backlinks should I have from a site to affect to keyword rankings on google?
I don't think that there's any way to answer this correctly because each backlink has a different value to Google. Some are more valuable and some are less. As long as they are good backlinks though, the more the better and that will help rankings.

I used to build links from forums and blogs and social networks but no more because some people told me that links from social networks didn't affect to SEO rankings.
There is always debate on what affects SEO, and this is particularly true with backlinks. Either way, backlinks from these places can help a website, either with rankings directly or with traffic from those links, which in turn could help rankings indirectly. As long as they are good quality backlinks your site will benefit in some way or another.

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

There is no certain number of backlinks that take to affect a webste's ranking for any specific keyword. This is going to depend on many factors.

Some of these factors are the quality of the link and what site it's coming from, how competitive the keyword is, if the link is coming from a site/page that is related to the keyword plus many other factors.

If you were to get 1 really good backlink then that one backlink could move you up serveral spots in the rankings. However, if the link is one bad one then you could drop in the rankings for a keyword.

This just depends on too many factors to be able to give a number with any kind of certainty.