How important is a logo for a blog?

KeralMTG

I will be starting a new blog pretty soon and I am trying to figure out if having a real nice logo is important for the success of my blog. I am a college student and do not have a lot of extra money so I have to spend wisely. I am trying to figure out if I should pay for a professional logo of just make one myself. I can make some ok logo's but not awesome logo's.

Do you think spending the extra money for a professional logo will help the success of a new blog or should I make one for myself to start with?

Dean

Hi Keral,

I am sure that you can probably start off with creating your own and then once you start making money then you can invest a little into a professional logo if you want to.

I don't think most people will expect a super high quality professional logo for every blog site that they go to. I think that most people are going to the blog for the information and posts, not how good looking their logo is.

Try some of the free online logo makers and if you can make something nice, then use that for a while and then later get a professional logo created. Of course if you have the money then you can always start off with a professional logo but I don't think it's needed for a new blog. As long as you have something that looks ok, you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

Making a good first impression when someone new comes to your site is a big plus and a logo can be part of that. I do think that you don't need a professional logo at first if you don't have the money to buy one.

You can always start off and make the best one that you can do yourself, then as your blog starts to become more successful and starts making you some money then you can get a professional logo made.

I say that if you have the money and want a professional logo from the start then go for it, otherwise just make a decent one yourself to start with.

Good Luck. ;)

KeralMTG

Thank you to everyone for the posts. I was thinking it will be ok to do my own in the beginning but I just want to make sure that I am not going to hurt my blog success without a professional logo.

I will try to do some online and see how they turn out and if they look good then just use that for the beginning.

Dean

I will try to do some online and see how they turn out and if they look good then just use that for the beginning.
That's a good idea Keral. You can just see what you come up with and if you are happy with it then just use that one at first and then get a professional logo a little later.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

Whilst I do not think having a professional logo is always needed, I do think that having a real nice logo for your blog can help make it look more professional. The better your blog looks then the better the impression it will make with your visitors.

Good looking blogs might even be more successful because of the visual appeal to people. :)

Storm

I think having a good logo that people like and will remember is something that will help build your brand recognition.

I don't think you need to buy a pro logo or at least not right away but at some point you might think about it if you can't create one yourself.

You can probably just go to Fiverr and get a $5 logo to start with. I've seen some pretty decent logo's made by some of the sellers on there so it might be worth a try.

Cheers

Maria Marketing

I think having a good logo that people like and will remember is something that will help build your brand recognition.

I don't think you need to buy a pro logo or at least not right away but at some point you might think about it if you can't create one yourself.

You can probably just go to Fiverr and get a $5 logo to start with. I've seen some pretty decent logo's made by some of the sellers on there so it might be worth a try.

Cheers
$5 for a logo, Are they for image logo's or text logo's? That seems awfully cheap for a decent logo.

Sudipta Sen

It is very hard to create yourself in the marketing world without a logo. In layman’s terms, a logo is like a mental shortcut to a product or company. Just how often do you recognize a car from its make, rather than the ever present logo on the bumper or in front?

Storm

It is very hard to create yourself in the marketing world without a logo. In layman’s terms, a logo is like a mental shortcut to a product or company. Just how often do you recognize a car from its make, rather than the ever present logo on the bumper or in front?
I agree with you but there are some big companies that don't some kind of image logo and they still are top companies. I think it is important and really helps.

Traveler

I think that a logo is important so that people can start to recognise your brand when they see it. I have been trying to come up with some kind of logo myself for my marketing and will be used on my blog too and have been a little stumped. I can't seem to find something that says and shows what I want. I think a logo is very important so maybe I am over thinking a little.

Ben

A logo is your identity so I think it's very important. Even if it's just for a blog I think that having a good logo can help you build some extra recognition and even some traffic and sales.

Catherine1

I have been researching logo's for a new blog I am going to start and many articles that I have read say that a good logo is something that you must have in order to stand out from the crowd. Something that looks unique and that people will remember when they see it.

Maria Marketing

I have been researching logo's for a new blog I am going to start and many articles that I have read say that a good logo is something that you must have in order to stand out from the crowd. Something that looks unique and that people will remember when they see it.
I agree with you and I have even been looking for a better logo myself. The one that I am currently using just doesn't look nice enough or stand out enough to me. :)

Dean

I agree with you and I have even been looking for a better logo myself. The one that I am currently using just doesn't look nice enough or stand out enough to me. :)
I have also been looking for some new logos for some of my sites to kind of give them a more modern looking logo. I have to admit that I really have not had the time to really do some looking and seeing what I might want.

Hopefully soon I will be able to but I am still working on some other things, you no how it goes. LOL

Good luck with your search Maria, and if you find something you like then you can always try to get some opinions here from the other members.

Cheers, Dean.

Catherine1

Well I am looking for one that stands out also and I want something that looks modern and professional. I might just have a designer see what they can do.

Maria Marketing

I have also been looking for some new logos for some of my sites to kind of give them a more modern looking logo. I have to admit that I really have not had the time to really do some looking and seeing what I might want.

Hopefully soon I will be able to but I am still working on some other things, you no how it goes. LOL

Good luck with your search Maria, and if you find something you like then you can always try to get some opinions here from the other members.

Cheers, Dean.
Good luck with yours as well. I am still looking but just need to actually set some time aside to concentrate on it.