How have you improved your search engine rankings?

lowriderz

Do you have any websites that getting organic traffic from search engines as google, bing or yahoo?
I am getting confused when I didn't know the best SEO techniques to apply for my site. are they backlinks building?

Nytshade

Do you have any websites that getting organic traffic from search engines as google, bing or yahoo?

Yes.

I did some research on my niche, firstly I searched for websites that link to other websites in my niche. Once I got a list of those websites then I browsed the websites that they link to. This helped me figure out what type of content they're willing to link out to from their site.

Then I created top quality content, got a lot of social proof and I linked to those websites within my blog. Sometimes I would just send them traffic from my social accounts and create VALUABLE comments on their blogs. Then after, that's when I start contacting them and building relationships, then ask for a link later.

Another sneaky way is to run a contest and feature a couple of bloggers, encourage them to create a new blog post and send traffic to the competition page which will be on your website. Then from the competition page, link back to your blog/website or any page that you want to rank.

To make things easy for yourself, find websites that are already linking to other content/websites and build a relationship with those people instead of contacting someone who never links to other sites. The key is to build a good relationship with them then ideas are just endless... you can guest blog on their site, they can guest blog on yours, you can recruit them as an affiliate or joint venture partner, release a new product together etc. etc. etc. only your imagination will limit you.

Link building can be great but remember that you're running a business so don't let it just end to getting a link. Also use other great marketing strategies such as social media so that you can also get other people to create organic backlinks for your site.

I am getting confused when I didn't know the best SEO techniques to apply for my site. are they backlinks building?

There are a lot of other factors that you need to apply in order for your website to rank high in search engines besides link building. You also need to consider things such as on-page seo (link structure, title tag, image tags, mobile response, description tags etc.). Getting your site to rank and maintain those rankings is not just about building backlinks, you need to do some research for both on-page SEO as well as off-page.

PTTed

Here are the basic guidelines for ranking higher:

1) Optimize a page for Google from an on-page SEO standpoint. (there are a million detailed guides/articles/blog posts on how to do this readily available all over the web) Focus on getting keywords in the Title, Headings, page content, URL, image names, image alt tags, etc..

2) Get keyword rich anchor text links with link juice pointing at your page and at the other pages that already link to your page. These links can come from inside your own site if you have pages on your site that already have a lot of link juice. OR these links can come from other domains.

3) Don’t get your page penalized.

That is basically it in a nutshell. If you do enough of that, you will get ranked, at least temporarily. In order to stay ranked long term, there are some other considerations. Here is a reasonably thorough article I wrote a few years ago that still applies today for how to do SEO for your blog. Use that as a guide and you will get results.

Mark007

Backlink building is not the only solution to rank your website in search engines. A good on page optimization is required prior to promotion of your website in search engines. On page helps to build your web presence in search engines. Off page activities like link building helps to boost the optimized website to rank in search results. Proper keyword selection and content optimization are some important factors to keep in mind.

abidly

One of my websites getting nice amount of search traffic from Google.
What i have done to improve my ranking is easy thing i watched on YouTube once. By simple using Google analytic and Google search console. I was looking which one of search phrases getting me even little traffic from search, then i tried to improve SEO of articles getting such traffic. Improving titles, images, meta description etc... Then also adding some inbound links to that article(s). After i while i seen in analytics that these articles getting even more clicks from search pages and ranking higher and higher, then i added some links into article to drive more traffic to other articles and also i was creating more articles with same topic but different long tile keywords and it worked well to boost my traffic from Google