How do you track traffic source?

leilapearse

Is google analytics the best tool to track traffic source? I am using this tool but some source traffic google limited me to view or I can not view them. I think it will be useful to see where most of my traffic is coming from so I can focus on the target better. Just curious which ways are you using to track your website traffic?

ashishaq

As far as i know Google analytic is one of the best tool to track traffic and its sources. I am using Google analytics from last 3 years and i have not found any bugs in this software. This tool has all the features which you need to track your visitor flow and site performance.

elcidofaguy

The best way to do it is to use a link tracker which logs the data and then redirects to the target page.... You can use link shortners like bitly, tinyurl etc or my preferred solution to use a self hosted solution using yourls.

ethany

I use google analytics for my website, I saw that the result is quite good

popwin

Google and also for pixel tracking to be more accurate.

elcidofaguy

I've just put together a step-by-step video tutorial which outlines how to install/setup YOURLS for tracking links.

In a future video (Part 2) - I'll cover the steps needed with implementing PHP or Javascript which can track the actual conversion e.g. optin or purchase. In otherwords you'll be able to run multiple ads and know exactly which Ad is responsible for the conversion.

For additional details check out the link tracking tutorial.

My friends who are programmers also say that Google analytics is the best tool for managing websites

Ilyas

I use Google Analytics at the moment, but lately, it does not count all my visitors. I had some new orders that were not tracked. I'm looking into Piwik as a second opinion, it looks promising.