How do you speed up your website?

trevonline

Hi everyone,

I heard that if we have a fast website then it can affect Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and getting higher rankings other competitors on SERPs, is it true?

I would like to know any ways/tips to speed up a my WordPress website?

please suggest me
thanks

robertdn

In as far as Search Engine Optimization is concerned, website speed is important for the following reasons:

Search Engines have a very limited time to crawl through a website. Good Page Speed helps the engines crawl your site faster and efficiently ultimately giving your site better rankings.

Visitors and users to your website have a very short attention span and patience. A sluggish site to navigate and upload means the visitors will bounce off which means lower rankings for your site.

Thus if you are using wordpress cms, go with cache plugin like wp total cache, wp super cache..etc

Use Content Delivery Networks (CDN)

Optimize images on your website ( using "save for web" function in Photoshop ), Enable Gzip on your website.

Minify/compress your CSS and Javascript file before sending to visitors on browsers

They are best ways to speed up your website.

Hope it helps!

BJVeloz

In as far as Search Engine Optimization is concerned, website speed is important for the following reasons:

Search Engines have a very limited time to crawl through a website. Good Page Speed helps the engines crawl your site faster and efficiently ultimately giving your site better rankings.

Visitors and users to your website have a very short attention span and patience. A sluggish site to navigate and upload means the visitors will bounce off which means lower rankings for your site.

Thus if you are using wordpress cms, go with cache plugin like wp total cache, wp super cache..etc

Use Content Delivery Networks (CDN)

Optimize images on your website ( using "save for web" function in Photoshop ), Enable Gzip on your website.

Minify/compress your CSS and Javascript file before sending to visitors on browsers

They are best ways to speed up your website.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for such a great answer.

RDO Servers

Try the Pingdom speed test tool. Run the test multiple times to get a average loading time. 2 second page load is a good benchmark. Over this and you risk looking customers and rankings.