How do you SEO for Bing?

surferz

Hey there, we often are be here and hearing about SEO with Google but how to SEO for Bing, how can a website be optimized for Bing?

Please advice me. Thanks.

bkannancgn

The general impression out there is that Google is King when it comes to SEO, with Bing it's fighting hard to catch up.

Bing is also a good search engine, in general, similar to Google’s given specific keywords and traffic from search results.

In this regard, my advice would be to focus on good quality content and relevant backlinks.

Most important of all, concentrate on very high quality content that visitors to your website will find valuable, entertaining, stimulating and educational...so your website will be improved on Bing.

PTTed

SEO for Bing is very similar to Google with a few differences:

Difference 1 - Bing is not as good at identifying spammy links as Google is. Therefore links that are slightly spammy are more likely to get counted by Bing. For example, article directory links still work great for ranking higher in Bing.
Difference 2 - Bing gives more weight to keywords in the domain name than Google does.
Difference 3 - Google places a lot more weight on domain authority than Bing does.
Difference 4 - Bing loves social media shares from Facebook and Twitter specifically.
Difference 5 - Bing gives a lot of weight to internal links, more so than Google does.

Those are the main differences. As far as on-page SEO goes, Bing is almost identical to Google.

If you to read more about it, go to Bing and do a search for "how to rank high on Bing". That explains it in more detail.

Mark007

Google receives the maximum traffic for your website. This is why all webmasters try to rank their website in Google to get maximum benefit for their business. You can start optimizing your website in Bing by submitting your website in Bing webmaster tool. The other promotion and on page techniques are same as for Google SEO.

Labored

There are two primary ways of generating web content: you can have copywriters write unique content for your site, or you can rely on machine-generated web content. Though machine-generated content is not necessarily inferior in terms of quality, it does have some inherent disadvantages that make unique, quality web content superior to content generated by a machine.

surferz

Difference 1 - Bing is not as good at identifying spammy links as Google is. Therefore links that are slightly spammy are more likely to get counted by Bing. For example, article directory links still work great for ranking higher in Bing.
I have to agree with you on this...some websites I checked that having too many low quality backlinks but Bing is still consider to give them on first page of their search results.

Difference 5 - Bing gives a lot of weight to internal links, more so than Google does.
Are you saying to internal links in articles or on websites (header/footer)?

PTTed

Are you saying to internal links in articles or on websites (header/footer)?

I have not tested to see which it likes better.

But I do know that Bing likes links embedded inside of articles and blog posts. So I recommend doing that.