How do you market your niche blog?

Glenn Kilpatric

I started a blog a few months ago and it is getting too less traffic thus I'm confused on how to get readers and keep them on my blog.

All your comments are appreciated.

nesito29

Well it really depends on your marketing strategy, what do you want them to do in your blog?. As to traffic, the best thing you can do is blog commenting and using forums in order to drive traffic back to your site. Just be careful of the rules governing these sites.

Let me help you with blog commenting:
Go to either Google or DuckDuckGo and run a search related to a post you want to advertise (DuckDuckGo is awesome cuz you can select your targeted country by literally the two clicks and there is no advertising hence is easier to get the best results). Make a great comment giving either your opinion or something to contribute to the post, after that leave your link there with a call to action for them to click on that link and go read your post.

This works really great for any niche. It doesn't really matter what the topic is, as long as you show your expertise and raise awareness as well as interest with your comment.

Try this, you will be surprised by how easy it is and how much traffic you'll get :).

elcidofaguy

As Nesito points out social commenting is one way.... If thats part of your strategy then I would recommend a tool like "Buzz Bundle" as that keeps a track of new/related posts on the web and informs you when it gets matches.. It has some cool automation and you can manage multiple accounts...However do note social commenting does not improve your rankings - it merely provides a means to funnel traffic from one source to another...

That aside the best method is to rank on search results i.e.figure out what keywords you want to rank for, to develop content which fits into that semantically, use internal links with building silos to promote that page as well as backlinks from quality/authoritative sites..

I would also consider use of setting up social media channels as well as video marketing (youtube)... Finally go for list building as that also provides a great source of traffic which does not depend on third party platforms...

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

nesito29

Just like elcidofaguy said, this method is for direct traffic. And the best thing is to rank your page for your keyword, this way you will get organic traffic through SERPs. Do your research and find what keyword you want to rank for, after that go to google and do a quick search, if you find more that 3 exact matches then forget it most likely you won't easily rank. There are other things you can do in order to know if it is easy to rank for your keyword but this will give you a general overview of the competitiveness of the keyword in question.