How do I get traffic from my Twitter?

ulterios

Twitter is great for driving traffic to a blog. Twitter is my favorite social media site to use for this purpose. In order to help get more targeted and quality traffic from Twitter you will want to Tweet out things that are geared towards your target audience which would make them want to visit your blog upon seeing a tweet that gets their interest.

Some things that work for me are:

When you have an article on your blog that you want people to go and read, try to make a nice title that is interesting to people for the Tweet and use a couple of Hashtags on the target keywords.

Try to include an image in the Tweet as this helps to get more people to want to check out what you are Tweeting about. You can use an image from your blog post or even another image that is related to the topic of the blog post.

Be consistent with how often you Tweet. If you send a Tweet out one day then don't send another out for several days/weeks/etc. then you won't get the results that you would like.

Don't always Tweet about your own articles/posts/content/etc., try to mix in some Tweets with some good information for other sites that you think your followers will like. I'm not talking about sending Tweets out that will help competing sites but maybe some Tweets that are general in nature and are for sites that aren't your main competition.

Try Tweeting at different times of the day and check to see which times work best to gain the most traffic. What works for one person might not always work for you, so testing is good.

Try to compose nice Tweets that people would want to read and follow a link (if you post one). Try to compose a Tweet that is something like what you yourself might be interested in if it was someone else's Tweet.

Don't go spamming the same exact article or articles over and over without spreading them out a bit. If people see the same thing over and over again then they are more likely to ignore your Tweets.

If you are wanting to market the same blog post many times, change the title each time so it doesn't look exactly the same. In this case it's always better to use a link shortener to hide the URL, not for the shortening purpose.

These are just some things that can help to get more traffic to a blog from Twitter.

I hope this helps. :)

Adrianhenry

Use good hashtags when you post youd links to draw more attention to your topics
I heard more times about using hashtags and I tried but it didn't work for me. Can you share your experience about using hashtags?
Use an appropriate and catchy image.
You mean I should include an image into each tweet on Twitter?
Don't always Tweet about your own articles/posts/content/etc.,
If I don't tweet about articles/posts or my site content then which types of tweet should I use on Twitter?
try to mix in some Tweets with some good information for other sites that you think your followers will like. I'm not talking about sending Tweets out that will help competing sites but maybe some Tweets that are general in nature and are for sites that aren't your main competition.
Some good information? what things are keeping in your mind? I don't quite understading your meanin in this case

ulterios

I heard more times about using hashtags and I tried but it didn't work for me. Can you share your experience about using hashtags?
Many people will just put a word or words at the end of their Tweet with a hashtag/s in front of it. What has worked well for me is putting the hashtag in the body of the Tweet title.

Something like these:

Learn more about the importance of #Backlinks to the #SEO of your blog here: PUT LINK HERE

Read this helpful post to find out how to save #Money on your car #Insurance: PUT LINK HERE

You mean I should include an image into each tweet on Twitter?
You don't have to do it each time if you don't want, but Tweets with images get a lot more interaction than Tweets that don't have images.

If I don't tweet about articles/posts or my site content then which types of tweet should I use on Twitter?
Some good information? what things are keeping in your mind? I don't quite understading your meanin in this case
I was just meaning that it can be good to mix in a Tweet that isn't something on your site so it doesn't look like you are always just trying to Tweet about your own posts. It can help you look like you just want to share good information and not just yours. It can make your followers fell like you are truly wanting to help people.

As an example, if your blog is about SEO then you can throw in a Tweet about SEO from a site that really isn't a direct competitor. Maybe send a Tweet about a good SEO article on moz.com or something.

Dean

When I was first on Twitter I didn't get much traffic from it for my websites. Then I started reading about it and the one thing that I changed first was to add appropriate and eye-catching images to all of my Tweets. After that happened I started to get a consistent growth in the traffic that I got from Twitter.

People are visual creatures (as someone said once) and they will respond better to images or visual things better than things that are lacking in good visuals. Images added to your Tweets will give them that visual element that more people will respond to better.

JoeMilford

I think updating your status often is a great idea. Also, seek out members of Twitter who have similar interests to you and follow them. Lastly, use effective hashtags and use them often in order to generate traffic.

goldlady

Twitter is a social network that is slightly limited in terms of what you can share. I would say that one of the main things you have to do to gain followers and traffic in your account is to have a goal with each tweet you make. Either entertain, inform, promote something. In addition, it is important to keep your timeline updated frequently and use the trending topic's hashtags.