How did you get started in internet marketing?

Dean

Someone asked me how I got started in internet marketing earlier today and after giving him my answer I was curious as to why some of my fellow members here got started in internet marketing.

I originally got started as a way to add additional income to my earnings to help pay for one of my habits which was at that time, an addiction to buying cool new electronic gadgets and devices. As time went on I started making more and more from my online efforts and reached a point of exceeding my day job's income so I started doing it full time.

I am sure many have a similar way that they got started with internet marketing but I am also sure other have different reasons they started in this field. So, how did you get started with internet marketing?

Cheers, Dean.

Muzzamil

Someone asked me how I got started in internet marketing earlier today and after giving him my answer I was curious as to why some of my fellow members here got started in internet marketing.

I originally got started as a way to add additional income to my earnings to help pay for one of my habits which was at that time, an addiction to buying cool new electronic gadgets and devices. As time went on I started making more and more from my online efforts and reached a point of exceeding my day job's income so I started doing it full time.

I am sure many have a similar way that they got started with internet marketing but I am also sure other have different reasons they started in this field. So, how did you get started with internet marketing?

Cheers, Dean.
That's very interesting that you were able to quit your job by working online. For me, I started Internet Marketing because I wanted to quit my day job and work full time from just my laptop because I wanted to travel and still be able to make money. It would be fun to hear from more people how they got started in online marketing because almost everyone has a unique story or reason.

Dean

That's very interesting that you were able to quit your job by working online. For me, I started Internet Marketing because I wanted to quit my day job and work full time from just my laptop because I wanted to travel and still be able to make money. It would be fun to hear from more people how they got started in online marketing because almost everyone has a unique story or reason.
Yeah, it was very unexpected when it happened. I just wanted to make extra money to pay for my hobbies and stuff that I was into that can get quite expensive. Then when it started making good money, good enough to live off of, I figured that doing it full time was the best choice.

I have heard some stories over the years how some others got started in this business and you are right, there are a lot of unique stories.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Like a lot of people, I got into internet marketing to earn extra money. I had started a website and was running AdSense on it and after a short period of time it was making good money. Seeing that I started another AdSense website and it too started making good money in a short period of time.

Seeing how well my sites were doing I decided to start doing some marketing to draw more people to my sites, which at first wasn't making much of a difference. Later my efforts started paying off and then I just started branching off trying to market different things and I never looked back.

I didn't plan on getting so much into websites and marketing, it just happened to work out that way. I have heard many people over the years who had similar experiences and I have also heard some stories on how they got into internet marketing that were very unique.

More and more people are getting into internet marketing so the competition will get more and more competitive. ;)

Maria Marketing

I was just looking to find a way to make extra money to help cover some of the added expenses that always seem to show up. I had a friend who was marketing affiliate things online and making good money only working in the evenings. I decided to try it for myself and things just started to grow from there. I still have a long journey to get where I want as for earnings but I am happy with the results so far. :)

Dean

I was just looking to find a way to make extra money to help cover some of the added expenses that always seem to show up.
That's how it starts for a lot of people Maria.

Based on what I have seen and been told it's either to make extra money for things or because some people just want to work for themselves and set their own working hours and schedule.

Maria Marketing

That's how it starts for a lot of people Maria.

Based on what I have seen and been told it's either to make extra money for things or because some people just want to work for themselves and set their own working hours and schedule.
That's another thing that I am trying to achieve. I would like to be able to set my own work hours so that I can more easily do things that I need to do for my family. I just need to earn enough to be able to work less so I can use my time to do family matters. :D

Dean

That's another thing that I am trying to achieve. I would like to be able to set my own work hours so that I can more easily do things that I need to do for my family. I just need to earn enough to be able to work less so I can use my time to do family matters. :D
I'm sure that you will achieve your goal one day Maria, you just need to hang in there and learn as much as you can that can help you achieve your goal.

Apply all you learn towards reaching that goal and you'll get there. Sometimes setting smaller more quickly and easily reachable goals and then going from there can help also.

Kania

I have got my start in internet marketing because I wanted to make more money to help my family and to have nicer things. I was told about internet marketing by some blogging friends but I kept on putting off getting my start.

Recently I decided to get going and I have been learning many things.

Dean

I have got my start in internet marketing because I wanted to make more money to help my family and to have nicer things. I was told about internet marketing by some blogging friends but I kept on putting off getting my start.

Recently I decided to get going and I have been learning many things.
That's great and I am sure that you will have a bright future in internet marketing since you seem eager to learn new things and you are having fun doing it.

Having fun while learning and earning can make for a much better outcome with your efforts. :)

Kania

That's great and I am sure that you will have a bright future in internet marketing since you seem eager to learn new things and you are having fun doing it.

Having fun while learning and earning can make for a much better outcome with your efforts. :)
I like to learn new things and see how I can improve on them to make them better. I am going to always try to do that with my internet marketing.

eMonetize

I read an article (actually it was like 2 tiny paragraphs) on the page before the back inside cover of Entrepreneur magazine in the late 90's. It was about a guy who used the internet and email to generate free leads for his business.

At the time, I knew the value of leads and I was amazed that he was doing it for free and a giant lightbulb went off.

Totally changed my life forever!!! To this day, I'm still generating leads via email, as it's hard to beat.

Maria Marketing

I'm sure that you will achieve your goal one day Maria, you just need to hang in there and learn as much as you can that can help you achieve your goal.

Apply all you learn towards reaching that goal and you'll get there. Sometimes setting smaller more quickly and easily reachable goals and then going from there can help also.
I just need to find more time to learn. That's my main problem. :)

Dean

I'm a bit different from you that I learnt Information Technology at University.
However, I feel that I didn't have any passion for it when I love my computer. Then I tried to find some others way to use my computer xD.
I know it sound ease but to me it's the toughnest decision for me... I lose everything to that.
But now, I love my job. That's enough I think.
Well sometimes you have to make hard decisions in life but it seems like you are happy with your decision Luke, and that you love your job and that is very good.

Most people do not love their job so since you do then that is something that is real good for you to have.

Dean

Thanks Dean, for me it's good. But for my family "no".
I really didn't understand why ;(
I'm still having trouble with that.
Well Luke I think that you are trying to do what you think is best for yourself and for them as well. They might not realize it but they will some day.

Sometimes our families can be a tough thing to deal with as they can sometimes be harder on us than on strangers. My family has never really understood why I don't just want to go to work and punch a time clock every day.

No matter what I can't seem to get them to understand that a job like that has so many limitations and I just don't want them for myself.

I'm sure that once your family see's what you are able to do and to build then they might understand your choice then.

Cheers

Traveler

I got started doing a little internet marketing quite a while ago but then got away from doing it because of my job demands on my time. I did it a little here and there for a few years but then got back into it last year after moving and just looking to make some extra money.

I never really got into making it my full time job in the past because I never made enough money but that is my goal for this year.

Dean

I got started doing a little internet marketing quite a while ago but then got away from doing it because of my job demands on my time. I did it a little here and there for a few years but then got back into it last year after moving and just looking to make some extra money.

I never really got into making it my full time job in the past because I never made enough money but that is my goal for this year.
Well if you stick with it and dedicate yourself and your time into making it your full-time job then I am sure that you will reach your goal.

I always try set set goals for myself as well and I try to make small ones and then keep upping the goal that I am trying to reach. This helps me always feel like I am making progress towards the bigger goals.

JennyJ

I started out doing internet marketing as a way to find something productive to do with my spare time while making money while I am at it.

I used to watch way too many movies for entertainment and to occupy my time. Now that I have been doing internet marketing I am actually having more fun while at the same time making money. Yay!!!

Traveler

Well if you stick with it and dedicate yourself and your time into making it your full-time job then I am sure that you will reach your goal.

I always try set set goals for myself as well and I try to make small ones and then keep upping the goal that I am trying to reach. This helps me always feel like I am making progress towards the bigger goals.
I hope so! I usually get off reading about different things online that I want to do for by site or my marketing and that takes away from me actually doing what I should be doing to get things going quicker.

Dean

I hope so! I usually get off reading about different things online that I want to do for by site or my marketing and that takes away from me actually doing what I should be doing to get things going quicker.
I'm the same way. I get distracted looking for something and find something else that interests me which leads meeven further away from what I should be doing. LOL