How can I learn online marketing?

pertinax

I'm a social network marketer and found this forum more useful to learn about online marketing techniques

I want to grow my blog site and increase traffic for it.

I know there are more ebooks about this out there but I don't know first steps to join into IM right way

I have two questions about ways to join IM

1. Should I have a website to offer my products or not?

2. How to connect with other IMers?

Any tips?

elcidofaguy

I would say yes its better to have your own website as then you truly own the asset and have the flexibility to evolve the website the way you want to... If you dont have a website then you are confined to other website/platforms and their rules such as on Amazon , eBay etc..

With connecting with ther IMers your doing all of the right things with joining IM forums... The other way is to look for social groups, websites such JVs etc and connect through that... and of course direct outreach via email/skype etc

Last edited:

Maria Marketing

Having your own website will be a big help because you have the ability to direct people to it for more information on what you are marketing. The best way to learn about online marketing is to just read as much as you can on it. That is what I have done and I am still always reading to learn more.

Dean

Having a website can help in many ways so I agree with the others on that. That gives you many more options to market and promote whatever you are doing at that time as well as over time.

Connecting with other IM'ers is also a good idea as you can learn, share and ask questions about your marketing efforts. This can only increase the amount of money that you can earn,

As far as learning how to do internet marketing/online marketing, reading as mentioned above is going to really help you leran more and quicker than by trial and error. One thing that you can do is to do a Google or Bing search for "Internet Marketing Blogs" and go to some of the websites found on the results pages and check them out. Find some articles and start reading and that can help you a great deal.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I would definitely want to have a website or blog to help you to have a central point that you can direct people for some or all of what you are marketing.

Many people want to read about what they might be buying so having your own site can give them resources for information that can answer any questions that they might have about whatever you are marketing.

Connecting with other internet marketers is also a good idea because they can be used as an information resource to help your IM efforts.

Reading a lot of the top IM blogs will also be a good source of ideas and information, so Google it and go read about it.

Knowledge is power! ;)

Dean

I don't know how I forgot it but one of the best ways to learn about online marketing is posting questions on marketing forums like this one and reading the many threads since there is a lot of good quality online marketing information to be found on marketing forums.

I must be slower thinking lately since it's colder outside this time of year. LOL

Cheers, Dean.

Catherine1

How I have learned and continued to learn more and more about online marketing is by reading some of the posts in forums like this one and by reading lots of posts on the marketing blogs. Just reading will really help you to understand many things about online marketing.

KeralMTG

You can learn by reading many things about it on blogs and social websites and that is what I do. I also learn on it from reading on forums like this and ask questions you want to have a answer for. You should have a blog and this can help you do better.