Have you paid for traffic?

leilapearse

Have you ever paid for traffic of any type in your website? I have not done this before. It just seems like a way to drive traffic to website effective and easy?

What is the best way to find best traffic source?

Yeah, I have on forums. The thing is thought that if people don't like the forum then they won't sign up, no matter whether they click the advert or not haha :p

BuySellAds.com I have several campaigns going on through them. They offer niche advertising is why I like them so much. I haven't been able to find the same thing on Doubleclick. Somebody who knows more about doubleclick please chime in.

PTTed

Have you ever paid for traffic of any type in your website? I have not done this before. It just seems like a way to drive traffic to website effective and easy?

I always try to figure out where my audience is before trying to get traffic. In order to figure out "where" your audience is, you first have to know "who" your audience is. If you don't know who your audience is, then figure that out first. Once you know that, then go figure out where those people are spending their time online right now.

Then go to those places and see what options you have for introducing your website/product to them. Maybe you can do it for free. Maybe you have to pay to do it.

But unless you know who your audience is first, you are going to waste a whole bunch of money advertising. You will waste it because you will be advertising to a lot of people who don't care one bit that you have a website and don't care one bit about whatever your website/product is about.

Let me give you an example. Suppose you have a website that sells an information product - "The easiest method for a shy guy to approach women in a bar."

First you would identify an audience you want to sell that product to. For that type of product your audience is going to be shy males between the ages of 21-50. Most of your audience will probably be younger closer to 21 than 50. So, you might want to focus primarily on shy guys who are in their early 20's.

Where are shy guys going to be hanging out online? My guess is that you can probably find a bunch of them hanging out on dating forums. I would search for forums about dating and go check them out. See if they are hanging out there and what kinds of topics they are talking about. If I found them there, then I would either join the forum and start meeting them. Or else maybe I would buy advertising on that forum.

These same shy guys are almost certainly trying to find answers to their dating questions by using Google to search for them. So I would brainstorm a list of questions that a shy guy would have that they might do a search on Google to look for answers for. Once I had a nice long list I would go to Google and actually do those searches. I would visit the websites that ranked in the top 3 or so for each one of those questions. Some of those websites will be communities where shy guys are visiting to find answers to their questions. Maybe they will be blogs, or forums, or informational websites or social networking groups or whatever. I would visit those places and figure out how I could introduce my product to those guys on there. Again, maybe that means I have to join some more sites. Maybe I have to comment on some blogs. Maybe I have to buy advertising. It is a decision you have to make at each place.

That is how I would approach it. Rather than just asking myself, how can I buy traffic for my website, I would ask myself where can I find people who would actually be interested in whatever my site/product is offering.

Hope that helps.

popwin

It is a way - for some is good - for some is bad .
If you want to promote your blogs or refferal website - it could work! You could get some visitors that will come the next day because they liked your website ( but here it depends a lot on content quality / website quality in general ) .

But if you have a website where you sell something,the conversion rate is pretty low and you would need a high amount of visitors sent to your website to actually manage to get profit .

Hope i helped you,and if you'd like to try paid traffic you have a link on my signature,
Have a great day,
Andrew