Has anyone sold affiliate ebooks?

Maria Marketing

I have been looking at some of the affiliate options that are out there and have seen several affiliate options for selling ebooks. Has anyone done any affiliate marketing with ebook sellers?

I was looking at a few and the commissions are not very high but if you could get a lot of conversions then it might be worth it since there are so many people that read only ebooks.

I am talking about ebooks in general and not the make money and similar types of ebooks.

ulterios

Selling eBooks as an affiliate can be lucrative but you have to market them the right way and have a good email list and/or website with good targeted traffic.

I have done ok with a couple different ones but I have never put much effort into promoting and marketing them to see just how well they can earn. I do have a few contacts that are in this field and do well, so it can be done. You just have to be willing to do the work and research to make good money from eBook affiliate marketing.

Maria Marketing

Selling eBooks as an affiliate can be lucrative but you have to market them the right way and have a good email list and/or website with good targeted traffic.

I have done ok with a couple different ones but I have never put much effort into promoting and marketing them to see just how well they can earn. I do have a few contacts that are in this field and do well, so it can be done. You just have to be willing to do the work and research to make good money from eBook affiliate marketing.
So then would it be better to just use some other kind of affiliate marketing for different products that can make more money?

Dean

I have used ebooks.com's affiliate program in the past and did well with it. The thing is the commission rates are fairly low so you have to have a lot more conversions to make decent money at it. If you get a good amount of traffic then you might be able to earn well.

I think if you do some good marketing and promoting then you might do ok with some ebook affiliate programs. I put the link to the ebooks.com affiliate program below if you want to check it out.

www.ebooks.com/information/affiliates.asp#commission

Cheers, Dean.

vishwa

I have been looking at some of the affiliate options that are out there and have seen several affiliate options for selling ebooks. Has anyone done any affiliate marketing with ebook sellers?

I was looking at a few and the commissions are not very high but if you could get a lot of conversions then it might be worth it since there are so many people that read only ebooks.

I am talking about ebooks in general and not the make money and similar types of ebooks.

I personally acquire that most of the advertisers in Clickbank who are selling money make products are eBooks which is downloadable after successful purchase. Many affiliates are making by promoting them. But most of them have high refund rates. So, it is quite difficult to choose the right advertisers. Other eBook affiliate programs has very low commission rates as dean have said above.

Maria Marketing

I personally acquire that most of the advertisers in Clickbank who are selling money make products are eBooks which is downloadable after successful purchase. Many affiliates are making by promoting them. But most of them have high refund rates. So, it is quite difficult to choose the right advertisers. Other eBook affiliate programs has very low commission rates as dean have said above.
Since you said they have a high refund rate on clickbank then does that get the affiliate in trouble with clickbank because of the refunds?

I do not know how their system works there but it might seem to be dangerous for affiliates if the refund rates are so high.

vishwa

Since you said they have a high refund rate on clickbank then does that get the affiliate in trouble with clickbank because of the refunds?

I do not know how their system works there but it might seem to be dangerous for affiliates if the refund rates are so high.
Exactly. When the refund rates are too high there is no need to promote them. BTW why you not looking for other options like WordPress niche is very popular in these days. You can promote WordPress themes, plugins with some good commission rates and refunds are very low.

Maria Marketing

Exactly. When the refund rates are too high there is no need to promote them. BTW why you not looking for other options like WordPress niche is very popular in these days. You can promote WordPress themes, plugins with some good commission rates and refunds are very low.
Thank you for your help. I guess it is best to find the things that do not have high refund rates.

I was thinking about wordpress also items but I have not checked to see where to find the items to promote. Do they have those on clickbank or is there somewhere else?

vishwa

Thank you for your help. I guess it is best to find the things that do not have high refund rates.

I was thinking about wordpress also items but I have not checked to see where to find the items to promote. Do they have those on clickbank or is there somewhere else?

Clickbank do have some WordPress related products. But I suggest you to sign up with Shareasale. Becuase they have some reputed and brandable Wordpress advertisers like Studiopress, thesis, WordPress hosting, and much more.

Traveler

I was talking to someone who sells a lot of ebooks through affiliate links a last week and he told me he makes good money. His site is about book and video reviews so it's in the same niche as his site so I think that helps sales.