Domain did not rank well, should I buy a new one or rework?

Nathan92

I have a domain that it didn't rank well on search engines, traffic is slow and website is poor design.

I want to improve it but which is better if I buy a new domain and move site to new domain or rework on this old site?

Hostlumina

I have a domain that it didn't rank well on search engines, traffic is slow and website is poor design.

I want to improve it but which is better if I buy a new domain and move site to new domain or rework on this old site?

Well it sounds like you still need to rework the site regardless of the domain if the design is poor and if it's scaring visitors away.

Have you done any SEO? If so can you share some of the things you done? Someone here with good experience might be able to give you some tips and/or things you might be missing that would help your page rank better.

Dean

A domain does not rank in Google, a website is what they rank and that are in their index. If you move the same website and it's content to a new domain then that's not going to change anything. You will also lose any authority that you already have on the current domain.

Storm

If your domain didn't rank well then how would buying a new one and putting the same website on it improve it's rankings. It's the same stuff but a new name. I say that you should just do some seo for the one that you have since it's already in the search engines listings.

Dean

It's the same stuff but a new name. I say that you should just do some seo for the one that you have since it's already in the search engines listings.
Good points and I agree with you. If you have already done the work to get at least somewhere with the site then there is no sense in starting over unless you have to.

Some SEO will be a good thing to try to help the site.

KeralMTG

If you just change the domain but not the things on the website then it will not do any better I think. Just try to make your website better and use the domain that you have already.

ulterios

If your website did not rank well it has nothing to do with the domain name itself but rather what was on the website and what kind of SEO you did or had dome for the site.

Buying a new domain and putting the same website content on that new domain will still probably net you the same results. Plus you will loose any authority and backlinks you have on the current domain.

Unless there is some kind of penalty assigned to the domain/website then it probably be best to just remodel or change the website that is built using that particular domain name.

vishwa

Well I suggest you to improve your existing website. Buying a new domain doesn't help you so much. You can develop and optimize your existing website. Create quality content, Create good backlinks. Promote your site on social media sites. Work on your site design, make it more SEO friendly.