Does website traffic matter for approval?

Kania

Hi guys, I was wanting to apply for some affiliate programs soon and I was wondering if website traffic matters to get approved?

I am going to make a new blog and I want to have some affiliate advertisements when I launch it but I do not know if the traffic matters to get approved.

What do you guys think?

Traveler

I don't think that website traffic matters for most of them since I got approved in the past with low traffic amounts. I think they are more concerned about what's on your site more than how many people see it. I think their main concern is just that you have a good quality site.

Dean

What are you meaning by this? Are you talking about traffic numbers as in the amount of traffic a website has or the quality and/or where the traffic comes from?

KeralMTG

I think that they just want to make sure you have good traffic from countries that they want it from. I do not think they care too much about how many visitors your blog has. Mine got approved and it does not have much traffic.

Kania

I don't think that website traffic matters for most of them since I got approved in the past with low traffic amounts. I think they are more concerned about what's on your site more than how many people see it. I think their main concern is just that you have a good quality site.
Ok thank you mate. I did not know if they cared about how many visitors or not.

What are you meaning by this? Are you talking about traffic numbers as in the amount of traffic a website has or the quality and/or where the traffic comes from?
I was talking about the number of people that come to my site. Sorry for the confusion.

I think that they just want to make sure you have good traffic from countries that they want it from. I do not think they care too much about how many visitors your blog has. Mine got approved and it does not have much traffic.
It matters what country the people are from?

KeralMTG

It matters what country the people are from?
Yes some times it matters what country your website traffic comes from. Some places like traffic to come from united states and europe countries. I do not know all the reasons but I think some of them want traffic from countries they sell things to mostly.

vishwa

Every Affiliate networks have its own requirements for their publishers. if you are apply for PPC ad networks than traffic might be a requirement. However If you want to join affiliate networks like Clickbank, Shareasale etc than traffic won't bother you too much.

ulterios

I am going to make a new blog and I want to have some affiliate advertisements when I launch it but I do not know if the traffic matters to get approved.
One thing that you also need to think about besides traffic is the age of your site. Most affiliate programs don't care about the site age but some do. So you might want to check into that before you apply at any particular affiliate program.

Kania

One thing that you also need to think about besides traffic is the age of your site. Most affiliate programs don't care about the site age but some do. So you might want to check into that before you apply at any particular affiliate program.
I didn't know that was something that matters. I will remember that when I am signing up. :D

JennyJ

I don't think that it matters a whole lot myself. I have been approved by every affiliate program that I have applied to and have never been rejected. I haven't applied at a large amount of affiliate programs so I don't know if that's just luck or they didn't care about the traffic for my blog.

Kania

I don't think that it matters a whole lot myself. I have been approved by every affiliate program that I have applied to and have never been rejected. I haven't applied at a large amount of affiliate programs so I don't know if that's just luck or they didn't care about the traffic for my blog.
Maybe I was just worrying for no good reason. I just saw some posts that said some things about it mattering but they didn't say why. It will maybe be ok then.

ulterios

Maybe I was just worrying for no good reason. I just saw some posts that said some things about it mattering but they didn't say why. It will maybe be ok then.
There are some places that care where your traffic comes from and what the source it is so maybe that's what they were talking about.

That's the issue with traffic that I have seen most often mentioned around on blog posts. ;)

Kania

There are some places that care where your traffic comes from and what the source it is so maybe that's what they were talking about.

That's the issue with traffic that I have seen most often mentioned around on blog posts. ;)
Most of my traffic is from the UK and the USA. That is what I have read is good sources.

Kania

Many of the affiliate networks around, do not require you to have a website, as long as you know what you are doing and also if you are driving traffic via PPC to their campaigns, then one need not have a blog that receives traffic, as new site will just do fine.
I did not know that you did not need a blog. I always thought that you have to have a blog or some other website. Thank you for letting me know this mate. :D

Catherine1

Some places might want you to have a lot of traffic but I have always been approved with my blog and I don't get a lot of traffic.

Kania

Some places might want you to have a lot of traffic but I have always been approved with my blog and I don't get a lot of traffic.
I always get approved too but some places I have not applied to yet because I don't know if they are more choosy about who gets approved because they are the big affiliate websites.

Maybe I am worrying for no good reason but I just don't want to get denied and then make it harder to get approved later.

Storm

I don't think the traffic amounts should matter with most places but maybe where the traffic comes from.

Storm

You mean like which countries it comes from?
Yeah. Some places want a lot of US, UK or Europe traffic so if you are getting a lot of traffic from countries that they don't want then that might be a factor.