Does private or business email matter with marketing?

Maria Marketing

I have seen email that is called private or business where you use "[email protected]" instead of something like a gmail or yahoo or something of that sort and was wondering if it really mattered.

Does having an email address like I posted above make a difference over a regular email account like a gmail account?

ulterios

Have your own branded email doesn't always make a difference but it can sometimes, it all depends on exactly what it's being used for. If you are using it to send your marketing emails from then, yes it does look better and more professional when someone looks at the email address that an email is sent from. You do have to be careful when using it for marketing so you don't get on any spam lists, so use caution.

It is worth the money, especially since you can get it for so cheap these days. It ads that professional looking touch. ;)

Ben

I think it will make you look more legitimate having something like this. It should have a good response from your subscribers.

eMonetize

I have always setup an email @mydomain.com for any business I'm running rather than a gmail, yahoo, etc...

I think the only downside is that many times who you are using to host the domain, may have poor deliverability if you use their mail server to send mail with. For this reason, I tend to use google gsuite for sending mail.

However, it is hard to beat the deliverability of a free gmail account, if used legitimately. So when you are first starting out and don't want to have the extra expense, I see no problem with it. I would though change as soon as it is cost effective.

Storm

I think that it will make you look better to the people who get your emails. It can show that you are doing things more professionally as others have said and it will just provide a better image of yourself to people you email.

Dean

I agree with the others that it is a good option as long as you don't mind paying for it. It's cheap enough these days though. You can also use it through your hosting if you have it. You can use an add-on domain if you want it to be a dedicated email only domain. Just a thought.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

Thanks everyone for the help. I decided to go ahead and get it so that way I am not using gmail or another email service. I think it will look better that way. :)

Storm

Thanks everyone for the help. I decided to go ahead and get it so that way I am not using gmail or another email service. I think it will look better that way. :)
Cool! :) I think that you will be glad you did. It will more than pay for the extra few dollars in cost.

ulterios

Great Maria I think that you will be happy having it. Either through your hosting plan or a dedicated email only service, it's worth it. ;)