Does Facebook marketing work?

kochii12

Hi friends
Are you using facebook marketing including free and paid?
I am planning to advertise one of my websites there.
Please confirm me it is working now?

elcidofaguy

Yep it works - but for me that is limited to list building... FB is terrible for direct sales... I've tried it a few times and made a loss every time.... I can understand why - given most people are on FB are there to socialize and catchup with friends... The last thing they want are ads selling stuff.. Hence list building is the best option with ROI achieved once they sign-up and are part of your newsletter...

Nytshade

I'll never use FB Ads to send traffic to a sales page, that's a big mistake and you'll lose a lot of cash. You can post your sales page if you're relying on free strategies. Sending people to a sales page works well if you already have your own audience on a fan page or facebook groups.

When you have a good following and some social proof then anything goes, whether it's an affiliate product or your own landing pages, you'll get a few sales. Simply because those people follow you every day, so they know you and trust your opinion.

I'm using free methods when it comes to facebook, using free traffic is a long term strategy and you get traffic anytime you want, without spending a dime. But building that loyal following is not easy.

So YES! facebook marketing does work if you know what you're doing and don't give up too easily.

Mark007

I think the paid Facebook ad networks works good to generate organic traffic to your website.

Dean

The general take on Facebook advertising is that it works well for receiving likes and for building your lists. This seems to be the take from all I have seen on several websites, forums and blogs. Facebook advertising doesn't usually perform well for getting sales. You can get a little traffic from Facebook ads but there seems to be a very big difference on the negative side from using other paid sources.

Free Facebook marketing and promoting seems to be roughly about the same results but since it doesn't cost anything you can use your money to get better performing paid advertising.

Cheers, Dean.

Everyone is saying you have to be on social, but the truth is, you can't just show up on Facebook, wing it and hope for the best, because chances are, it won't work. It's similar to running an ad in the newspaper, if you don't research or have any idea of what to say, or where to put it, the ad won't work.

vishwa

Facebook is indeed a great platform to promote products and services. But as other said it won't work if you are doing direct sales and promoting affiliate products with naked links. If you create a squeeze page and than promote it on Facebook works great.

Sudipta Sen

Yes Facebook marking really works. As we all know that Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites we have so if we promote our site here we can easily generate quality traffic for our website.

Marketing Masala

Oh yes it does. The fact that people across the world are connected to each other via facebook makes it an important marketing and advertising tool. Today you can use facebook in primarily two ways :
1)Paid marketing: This involves paid ad campaign which leads to to highly targeted and quality traffic.
2)Unpaid marketing: This involves interacting with influencers and sharing the links to your content. Scheduling and sharing content on social media.

Both these methods helped me increase my traffic by 2X. Hope it works for you as well.

ulterios

To answer this question best, it would require a definition of what someone considers for the word "work". Yes Facebook marketing can work depending on what your definition of "work" is. It usually works real good for likes and maybe some traffic but for sales and conversions there are usually much better options if you are going to be using paid advertising.

If you are just using SMM as a free sources of marketing and traffic then it can work well as long as you can marketing correctly.

If you are going for sales and conversions as a paid option then AdWords, Bing ads and other similar options will probable work better than Facebook paid advertising.

Dean

Facebook is really a great platform to promote products and services. However, I think Google Ads is better than Facebook ads
I agree with you Anna, especially if you are looking for conversions and sales. Facebook can be good for likes and brand building but it's not always the best for making the most money.

Cheers, Dean.

EmailGGG

Like an Ad in a newspaper, if you dont research, update it or where to put it the ad wont work that goes the same on social media marketing you cant just show up wing it and hope for the best.
you need a good strategy to be successful with using facebook for your business. and to increase your revenue you must be actively marketing on facebook.

Maria Marketing

If you have not used facebook advertising or marketing before then I would recommend that you start with the free advertising methods (marketing) first to help grow your brand name first. Then after that then maybe go into paid advertising.