Do you check your backlinks?

Dean

I was looking at the backlinks for one of my sites and going through to make sure there were not any bad ones. I haven't done this too much lately for my sites and with the Google algorithm updates lately I decided to start doing some checks again to make sure I don't get hit with an algorithm penalty.

I have been so busy the last few months and I have neglected to keep up with my checks. This got me wondering how often other site owners check their backlinks.

How often do you check the backlinks to your site or sites?

Cheers, Dean.

vishwa

I check my backlinks once in a week . I ensure that all poor and non performing links are removed from the list. I am using Semrush and MOZ to check my backlinks. I also prefer to using Google Webmasters tool.

Dean

I check my backlinks once in a week . I ensure that all poor and non performing links are removed from the list. I am using Semrush and MOZ to check my backlinks. I also prefer to using Google Webmasters tool.
I used to check them once a week also but lately I have been too busy to check them that often most weeks. I have seen advertisements for services that check them for you and send you alerts if bad backlinks are found but I never checked into them to see if they were legitimate and are any good.

Seems like a nice service to have if you are a very busy person and if it actually works. I just always usually prefer to do my own checks just to be sure and that way I would have nobody to blame but myself if bad ones are not caught.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I have never really had a set time that I would check the backlinks for my sites but I would check them every once in a while just to see where they stand.

I have been more busy than normal lately so they have not been checked so I know I need to do it again, it's just going to have to wait till I get some extra time for it.

I haven't even time to write any articles for my sites lately so at some point I will need to do that and then do a backlink check and analysis. ;)

Dean

Well after checking the backlinks for a couple of my websites apparently there are a couple of new ones from some Chinese websites that are full of junk content and they have very poor stats as far as the quality of websites goes.

I am going to try to contact the site owners/operators and see if they will remove them and if not then I guess they will have to be disavowed!

Good thing I checked them as they are the kind of sites that can hurt your site by having backlinks from them. :(

Cheers, Dean.

Yes i will check once in a two week. Because back links has major role in ranking of particular website. I will remove bad links or broken links if found which should be done by every digital marketer. Else you may approach to make better that link.

Dean

Yes i will check once in a two week. Because back links has major role in ranking of particular website. I will remove bad links or broken links if found which should be done by every digital marketer. Else you may approach to make better that link.
That's good. I need to start checking mine on a regular basis like I used to just to make sure that if some bad ones show up I can take care of that quicker.

Cheers, Dean.