Do you allow advertisements on your site?

surferz

Mostly users come websites didn't want to see any banner ads or advertisements

How to organize banner ads on your site so that they don't make annoy for your visitors. Do you allow advertisements on your site?

Nytshade

I do allow advertisers on my sites, but the content or Ad itself has to be highly targeted. Just make sure that the Ads are closely related to your content, unrelated Ads will make your site look spammy.

Also have a few banner Ads on your site, keep it clean and avoid cluttering your site with Ads. Make sure the visitor gets what they came for (content) without being distracted by any Ads. Simply do a lot of testing to see which Ad placements works best for your site and readers.

Hope that answers your question :)

Luca

Just make sure that the Ads are closely related to your content, unrelated Ads will make your site look spammy.

I agree with everything else you said, though I'd like to add that in my opinion, as long as the design of the ads are okay, even if the advertisement itself is not that relevant to the page's content (such as Google Ads that's showing ads based on your previous searches history), then it's cool.

Personally, the types of ads that I can't stand more than irrelevant ads are pop-ups and hideous-looking ads.

Nytshade

Should I post a poll or asking for opinions from my visitors on site?

Yes feel free to use a poll or create a survey. But keep in mind that people hate Ads, they're on your site for content not to click Ads so they might not reply to the poll/survey or simply say they don't want Ads.

I agree with everything else you said, though I'd like to add that in my opinion, as long as the design of the ads are okay, even if the advertisement itself is not that relevant to the page's content (such as Google Ads that's showing ads based on your previous searches history), then it's cool.

Personally, the types of ads that I can't stand more than irrelevant ads are pop-ups and hideous-looking ads.

Cool, but I always prefer to keep everything on the site related to a specific topic. I know someone who has a weight loss affiliate link in the signature on a music forum. The guy hasn't changed it for a while so I guess it's working well for him instead of going to a weight loss or health forum.

So I totally agree with your point of view, Thnx for sharing :)

ulterios

Some of my sites have ads on them and some do not, it all depends on many different factors. When I first create a website or blog I usually won't have any advertisements on that site in hopes of gaining a regular following of visitors/readers. Nobody wants to go to a new site and the first thing that they will notice are advertisements.

It also depends on the type of site that will determine if I have advertisements on them of not. Some types of sites like forums for example need to have some source of income to cover the costs of hosting, software and everything else that goes along with a forum in order to keep it free for anyone to use and benefit from.

I don't really have anything set in stone as far as I am going to have advertisements or not on a blog usually as there are other ways to help make money with them.

It all depends on many different factors in deciding if I am going to have ads on any given site of mine. ;)