Do I have to get approved again?

Marcos

I used to be an affiliate for some of the top affiliate programs a few years ago but stopped doing any marketing for them and have not used them in a long time. Does anyone know if I have to be approved again after any kind of time?

ulterios

Probably one thing that you can do is to try to log into your old accounts and see if they are active. Many affiliate companies will close accounts that are not being used after a long period of time.

You can also try to contact them. There is usually someone who is the dedicated affiliate manager and you can let them know about your situation and they can help you.

Some places don't ever inactivate accounts no matter how long you have not been active.

Good luck. ;)

KeralMTG

You can try to log into the accounts and see if they are still active or not. That is what a blogger friend of mine says is an easy way to find out.

Traveler

If they didn't closed down your account with them then you might not need to get approved again. I think as long as you follow their rules and you have your website listed on your account then it will be fine. You can email them to make sure though.

vishwa

Most of the dormant account get closed within Six months of inactivity. If you want to start the things again than create a another account with different email ids. You can also reactivate your old accounts but some of the companies can charge you for this. Better verify it with them.

Marcos

Probably one thing that you can do is to try to log into your old accounts and see if they are active. Many affiliate companies will close accounts that are not being used after a long period of time.

You can also try to contact them. There is usually someone who is the dedicated affiliate manager and you can let them know about your situation and they can help you.

Some places don't ever inactivate accounts no matter how long you have not been active.

Good luck. ;)
I will have to check to see how I can contact some. Right now I am trying to find all of my login information. I have not used it in some years so I can't remember it all. Some want ID names and some use emails for the ID and I have to figure all this out.

Most of the dormant account get closed within Six months of inactivity. If you want to start the things again than create a another account with different email ids. You can also reactivate your old accounts but some of the companies can charge you for this. Better verify it with them.
As long as I use a different email account then will it be ok if I already have an old closed account?

I can not remember all of my login information to all of my accounts. I was thinking of starting new ones but I don't know if that is allowed.

You will need to log in and see if your account is still active, as many networks deactivate accounts of affiliates who do not send any traffic. Try to get hold of your AM and he should be able to activate your account or chances are that he might tell you to apply again.
If I can log in and there are not any notices that I can see then does that mean my account is probably still active and good?

JennyJ

I don't know how most of the affiliate programs work but when I joined the Amazon affiliate program the terms said if you don't get any sales for 6 months then they will close down your account and that you would have to reapply to get back in.

You can check the terms for the programs if you can't find any answers.

Storm

As long as your accounts are still active then you probably don't need to be approved again as long as you don't violate their terms. You should check their terms just to make sure that nothing has changed since you last used the accounts.

You can send them a message and explain your situation as well and maybe they can verify things for you.

Marcos

I don't know how most of the affiliate programs work but when I joined the Amazon affiliate program the terms said if you don't get any sales for 6 months then they will close down your account and that you would have to reapply to get back in.

You can check the terms for the programs if you can't find any answers.
I did not know that Amazon had that limitation. I did not see that when I joined.

Thanks for the information.

As long as your accounts are still active then you probably don't need to be approved again as long as you don't violate their terms. You should check their terms just to make sure that nothing has changed since you last used the accounts.

You can send them a message and explain your situation as well and maybe they can verify things for you.
Good idea. I will check the terms pages to see if anything has changed much.

Dean

On most of the affiliate programs if you can log into the affiliate areas of the website then your accounts are still active.

If you can't log in then they deactivated your account and you'll have to reapply or contact the affiliate program manager and have them either reactivate it or tell you what you need to do to get reinstated.

There are some that keep the account active but keep charging dormant fees towards any affiliate earnings that were in your account until the balance is gone.

Maria Marketing

Even if you can log into your accounts you should still contact someone to see if there is anything that you need to do. Just in case they try to avoid paying you if you make some sales because you were not active or something.

Marcos

Yes if you can log in without any issues then your account is active. When networks disable accounts, normally you are not able to login, and you will either need to email the network or talk to one of the AM.
Some of them I am able to log in and some I am not so it looks like I can still use some without problems. Thank you

Marcos

Even if you can log into your accounts you should still contact someone to see if there is anything that you need to do. Just in case they try to avoid paying you if you make some sales because you were not active or something.
I did not think of that. with my luck I will have a big commission earning and not get paid.

Maria Marketing

I did not think of that. with my luck I will have a big commission earning and not get paid.
I just wanted to point that out because I would hate to have someone get a big sale or a nice commission payment and lose it because of some technical thing.