Do ebooks sell well?

JennyJ

Yeah ebooks sell well but you will want to try to keep your prices down as low as possible. That way you'll get more sales and bigger overall profits.

I see too many people getting real crazy with the price of their ebooks and with all the information that's available around the world online today that is free, you should have low prices so people won't think twice about spending a couple dollars.
Yeah I have seen some high priced ones too. I was thinking about selling them for a few dollars each maybe.

Storm

Yeah I have seen some high priced ones too. I was thinking about selling them for a few dollars each maybe.
I think that if you keep them around $3 or less then that would actually make you more money in the long run. People are more likely to spend a couple dollars without worrying about it than spending $5 or more.

JennyJ

I think that if you keep them around $3 or less then that would actually make you more money in the long run. People are more likely to spend a couple dollars without worrying about it than spending $5 or more.
I was thinking about a price of $1.99 or $2.99 so that more people would buy them and get the benefits of the information that's in them. I wasn't going to try to get rich from an ebook.

Storm

I was thinking about a price of $1.99 or $2.99 so that more people would buy them and get the benefits of the information that's in them. I wasn't going to try to get rich from an ebook.
I think that is a good price myself. People are more likely to spend a couple dollars without thinking or worrying about it too much so if your price is in that range it will probably sell pretty good if you can promote it and get people to find out about it.

JennyJ

I think that is a good price myself. People are more likely to spend a couple dollars without thinking or worrying about it too much so if your price is in that range it will probably sell pretty good if you can promote it and get people to find out about it.
I think so too. I was planning on promoting it on the social media websites with a lot of effort in Facebook since I am part of many groups that are in the niche the ebooks will be for.

Marcos

Yes ebooks sell very well because everyone wants some kind of information or something to read at times. It's so easy to have thousands of ebooks on one device so people like that ability.

I think if you have something good then it will sell if marketed appropriately.

Storm

I think so too. I was planning on promoting it on the social media websites with a lot of effort in Facebook since I am part of many groups that are in the niche the ebooks will be for.
Yeah, if you're in some good groups that are related to the same niche then you might make out pretty well.

JennyJ

Yes ebooks sell very well because everyone wants some kind of information or something to read at times. It's so easy to have thousands of ebooks on one device so people like that ability.

I think if you have something good then it will sell if marketed appropriately.
I thought so myself but I didn't know if they would sell well enough to make it worth my time since there is so much free ebook sources out there.

Marcos

I thought so myself but I didn't know if they would sell well enough to make it worth my time since there is so much free ebook sources out there.
You have to consider that many of the free ebooks are not going to be current or quality ebooks since they are free. Not all but many.

If you are producing a quality ebook that is current and has value for people then I think that they will not mind paying a reasonable price for it.

JennyJ

You have to consider that many of the free ebooks are not going to be current or quality ebooks since they are free. Not all but many.

If you are producing a quality ebook that is current and has value for people then I think that they will not mind paying a reasonable price for it.
You are right about many of the free ebooks. Many that I have seen were written in between 2010 and 2012. That can be ancient for some topics.

I would only want to create a good quality ebook and nothing people would see as low quality.

Marcos

You are right about many of the free ebooks. Many that I have seen were written in between 2010 and 2012. That can be ancient for some topics.

I would only want to create a good quality ebook and nothing people would see as low quality.
Many that I have received recently are from 2012 or 2013. Most are marketing ebooks and some have material that no longer applies but it can give you some kind of useful information.

Of course the more recent the better they will be. If you are making a new ebook with all current information then that is something that you can state in your marketing for the ebook.

Kania

I think if you make a good quality ebook with valuable information them it will see a lot if the price is cheap like you said. I think most people will spend a little money for one if they think it will be good.

JennyJ

Many that I have received recently are from 2012 or 2013. Most are marketing ebooks and some have material that no longer applies but it can give you some kind of useful information.

Of course the more recent the better they will be. If you are making a new ebook with all current information then that is something that you can state in your marketing for the ebook.
I was planning on saying something about the book and information being new. I just have to figure out exactly how to word it best.

Marcos

I was planning on saying something about the book and information being new. I just have to figure out exactly how to word it best.
Maybe put something like one of these:

Latest Information
All New Information
Updated Information
Just Released

Or something like that.

JennyJ

Maybe put something like one of these:

Latest Information
All New Information
Updated Information
Just Released

Or something like that.
Thanks for the ideas. I like the one "Just Released", it makes it sound like it something special that was just released to the public.

Marcos

Thanks for the ideas. I like the one "Just Released", it makes it sound like it something special that was just released to the public.
I like that one also. Anything that can attract and grow the interest of the people is good.

JennyJ

If the information contained is something new and you are providing value then I dont see why not?

If you could also have some people go through your ebook and then you can have them provide feedback on your sales thread. This will definitely help boost your sales.
do you mean giving people a copy of the ebook before it sells so they can tell me if they think it is good or not?

JohnQ

Ebooks sell really well if you have something that people want. Topics and information that is currently in demand and trending is really good for sales.

Ebooks that have some kind of material that provides some kind of help, advice or useful information are always in demand.

If you can get the people who would be interested in what you are offering then you will probably make good money as long as the material is well written and high quality.