Do ebooks sell well?

JennyJ

I have seen a lot of websites that are selling ebooks lately and I was wondering if they sell well or not. I am talking mostly about ebooks that you write yourself or pay someone to write and not novels or ebooks like that.

Does anyone know if ebooks sell well or not?

Maria Marketing

I think that ebooks can be sold easily but you just have to make sure that you have something that people can not get somewhere else for free and you have to be able to get the right people to find or see them.

JennyJ

I think that ebooks can be sold easily but you just have to make sure that you have something that people can not get somewhere else for free and you have to be able to get the right people to find or see them.
I have been trying to do some research on what might be the most beneficial to my blog readers. They would be unique ebooks that will fill some kind of need. I just need to decide what to go with first.

Catherine1

I think that you can sell ebooks rather well if you have one that people will be interested in and want to buy. You just need to be able to market it to the right people who would be interested in it.

Dean

Yes ebooks can sell well if you have a good ebook and it isn't similar to something that can be had elsewhere for free.
There are so many free ebooks out there that it's hard to find something that there isn't already lots of free similar ebooks to be found.

If you can maybe find something that doesn't have a lot of free options or there is a need for something of quality and you are able to fill that need then you can probably do well with the right marketing of the ebook.

Maria Marketing

I have been trying to do some research on what might be the most beneficial to my blog readers. They would be unique ebooks that will fill some kind of need. I just need to decide what to go with first.
People are always trying to find information on how to do something or fix something so if you can find something in those areas then I think that they can be good sellers if the right people find them. :)

ulterios

If you can provide a good quality eBook with original content that is about something that your target audience might like or need then you may be able to sell them.

The problem is that there are so many free eBooks to be had around that it makes selling eBooks harder. Provide something that people can't find free or can't find a similar free version and then you can probably make some good sales with the right marketing and promoting. ;)

JennyJ

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to do some checking into this some more then I will be asking some more questions I am sure.

KeralMTG

I see that many people are selling them so I think that they must sell enough to make good profits. It will maybe be a little hard to find a subject that there is not a free one though so people might not want to pay for them. If you find a good one that a free can not be found then you can maybe make good amounts of money.

JennyJ

I see that many people are selling them so I think that they must sell enough to make good profits. It will maybe be a little hard to find a subject that there is not a free one though so people might not want to pay for them. If you find a good one that a free can not be found then you can maybe make good amounts of money.
I have a couple of subjects that I am thinking about having one for and I can't find any free ones though doing some Google searches so I think the main concern is just being able to market them.

AlexRozett

It all depends on what your E-books are going to be for. I personally admit that making tutorial based E-books would go great, since people search for online tutorials on a daily basis making it a good idea to start making those kind of E-books.

SethTurin

If the market is right, then you can definitely sell ebooks. Check out Gramous - made over 10k in its first 2 months, because Instagram marketing is very popular right now. Timing + demographic really matter.

KeralMTG

I have a couple of subjects that I am thinking about having one for and I can't find any free ones though doing some Google searches so I think the main concern is just being able to market them.
Well since there is no free ebooks that you can find for the subjects then they might sell pretty good if you can market them.

JennyJ

Sorry, it's an ebook that was released recently.
That's ok. I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. :D

Yes How-To books are something people would definitely be interested in.
Is there a way to find which how-to subjects are the most popular that people look for?

Well since there is no free ebooks that you can find for the subjects then they might sell pretty good if you can market them.
That's what I was thinking when I was looking around. I actually found out that there are no free ones because I was looking for one on the subject myself.

KeralMTG

That's what I was thinking when I was looking around. I actually found out that there are no free ones because I was looking for one on the subject myself.
That is good that you found something there is not a free version available. If you can make a good one and do some good marketing then people will like that and will want it.

Traveler

I think you should be able to sell any good ebook as long as you are able to find the right people who might be interested in what the ebook is about. If you market it on the social media sites and can get some buzz going around about it then that can really help.

Storm

Yeah ebooks sell well but you will want to try to keep your prices down as low as possible. That way you'll get more sales and bigger overall profits.

I see too many people getting real crazy with the price of their ebooks and with all the information that's available around the world online today that is free, you should have low prices so people won't think twice about spending a couple dollars.