CPU usage with hostgator?

robertdn

I have some websites and a website hosting at Hostgator but these days its traffic is increase and I am getting problem with CPU usage. I don't know how to solve when my site got 2 suspends from hosting because CPU high over load issue. Althouh I contacted and get website activate back but I need a further solution for that.

How do you deal with cpu usage or give me any advice?

Thanks in advanced.

Hey Maric, I got the same problem in the past and I switch to a VPS, all problems are solved when a VPS can accomodate more visitors online all the time better than a shared hosting. So, i suggest you try a vps. you can search on google or on this forum, go VPS hosting offers section, you may choose a good vps provide there.

Good luck!

Hostlumina

Did they give you any stats of how much CPU + RAM you are using? I have found that hosters alike have less stricter resources. If your site is for sure using high resources VPS will be your next step up.

You will need to keep in mind that you will have to manage it yourself (securing, installing any software you need, configuring the VPS, etc...). Unless you have the budget to go all managed which is highly recommended if you have no experience.

Hm,

HostGator has always had extremely high limitations on the resources that they provide customers with, so it comes as no surprise that you are seeing an issue such as this. What software is currently running your website (i.e. Wordpress). You may want to consider looking into the plugins you may be using and even setup one such as WP Total Cache to lower the amount of resources your website is using. Wordpress can be a pretty crazy resource hog if not configured correctly.

Another option would be to select a Hosting Provider that cares about you and is willing to help you resolve the issues in order to succeed.