Commission junction or advertiser program?

Traveler

I am an affiliate on commission junction and I found an advertiser that also has their own affiliate program on their website. Is it better to go with commission junction or with the advertisers own affiliate program with advertisers that have them?

Dean

Do you know what the terms of the advertiser and commission junction program as well as the commission rates for both?

Cheers, Dean.

Dean

Some of the advertisers pays more with commission junction rather than their in house affiliate program.
That is something that I never really understood. You would think that their in house affiliate program would pay better because they don't have the cost of paying commission junction and the website owner. Maybe they do it just because commission junction has a lot of sales go through them.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

Check their commission rates both in house or in commission junction site. Some of the advertisers pays more with commission junction rather than their in house affiliate program.
Why would they pay better on commission junction? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Traveler

I actually did not have any clue about this. Maybe they provide good commission rates to CJ because CJ is a premium affiliate networks and have some veteran affiliates who can generate good sales or them.
Well I read on one post here on this site somewhere that commission junction charges new advertisers $10,ooo to join. Maybe they give better rates because they charge a lot to be an advertiser.

Maria Marketing

One other thing to think about is that if you go through commission junction then it will be easier to reach the payout minimum amount than at the advertiser at least with most of them.

ulterios

Before deciding on whether or not to use an affiliate program at an advertiser or one at an affiliate network it would be best to make sure that you know all the terms of both programs. What might sound better at one of them might not be the best due to many reasons.

Some affiliate programs and networks charge for account inactivity so even if they paid better if you aren't able to keep the sales flowing then inactivity fees can eat up your commissions.

Always make sure that you know what you are getting involved in before making the commitment. ;)

Storm

I always liked using the affiliate programs that have more than one advertiser because it makes it easier to keep things organized so I vote for commission junction. Maybe the advertisers program pays a little more but I doubt it's much more if at all.

KeralMTG

Commission junction charges 10 dollars monthly for inactive accounts so you will need to make sure you are active on your selling.

Traveler

I always liked using the affiliate programs that have more than one advertiser because it makes it easier to keep things organized so I vote for commission junction. Maybe the advertisers program pays a little more but I doubt it's much more if at all.
This is one thing that I was thinking about too. I like the easy way to do things. :p