Can you register for the social media websites if you are not from the US?

Ana

I am wanting to do some social media but I do not live in the US for a long time. Can someone who lives in Europe register for accounts at all of the social media websites or are some of them only for people who live in the US?

ProfMike

Ana, I am not aware of any restrictions on membership to social media sites outside the United States. In fact, many of my friends in Europe participate in the more popular Social Media Sites.

Now there are some restrictions from certain countries to social media platforms. But those countries control the internet access of their populations to the internet itself and have a tight control on what agencies have access to the internal internet in their countries. It is hard to believe but that still goes on today. Of course, slowly those walls are being broken down as more and more ways are being found to connect to the internet. But it will be a process that will take significant time to break down all the barriers.

Reactions: Ana

Dean

Hi Ana, I am not aware of any restrictions for any European country, at least with the bigger social media websites, so you should have no problems registering from where you live.

If you experience any problems when you go to register, please come back and let us know so that we can pass that information on to other members.

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

I am wanting to do some social media but I do not live in the US for a long time. Can someone who lives in Europe register for accounts at all of the social media websites or are some of them only for people who live in the US?
You shouldn't have any problem registering for an account at any social media website, especially the big ones that will matter most. There are a few countries that have restrictions for this but none in Europe that I am aware of.

I would just go and try to register and see what happens. I doubt there will be any issues for you.

Good Luck. ;)

KeralMTG

Sure you can register if you are not from US. I am not from US and register at some already and have no problems at all. You should register and see but you should have no problems.

Ana

Thank you everyone. I just did not know if some of the social websites have restrictions for people who are not in the US. I looked on google but I saw both yes and no answers and they were mostly old answers. I just want to check so they do not close my accounts because I do not live in the US. Thank you all.

Catherine1

You should be able to register for any of the known social sites no matter where you live as long as you can access the site. I have friends and coworkers that live around the world and are on all those social sites and they haven't had any issues with where they live as far as I know.

I would just go ahead and try to register at any you like and see what happens.

ulterios

I agree! All they can do is deny the registration. It's worth a shot to find out but I doubt there will be any issues. ;)

Ana

You should be able to register for any of the known social sites no matter where you live as long as you can access the site. I have friends and coworkers that live around the world and are on all those social sites and they haven't had any issues with where they live as far as I know.

Thank you Catherine. I will try to register the social websites I am thinking to use and see if it will let me. :)

Dean

Hi Ana, I have a business partner that lives in Germany and he just registered for most of the top social media sites last week and had no problems. He also stated that several people he deals with around Europe are on the top social media sites as well, so you should have no problems.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Catherine1

Thank you Catherine. I will try to register the social websites I am thinking to use and see if it will let me. :)
That sounds like a good idea Ana. I hope they work out for you. Good luck

Ana

Hi Ana, I have a business partner that lives in Germany and he just registered for most of the top social media sites last week and had no problems. He also stated that several people he deals with around Europe are on the top social media sites as well, so you should have no problems.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
Thank you Dean. I will try to register some of the accounts in the next few days and see what will happen. Hopefully I will be fine.

Argus

I am also in Europe and will be registering my social website accounts. Many of my friends already have them here and there was no problem to register them. You will be fine to register them.

Muzzamil

You can be anywhere in the world and still make multiple social media accounts. I personally know people that are living in Indonesia and Malaysia and still using Social Media Accounts. However there are some countries that have banned youtube and facebook such as China and North Korea. If you don't live in any of these countries, you can use social media accounts. Good Luck!

Ana

You can be anywhere in the world and still make multiple social media accounts. I personally know people that are living in Indonesia and Malaysia and still using Social Media Accounts. However there are some countries that have banned youtube and facebook such as China and North Korea. If you don't live in any of these countries, you can use social media accounts. Good Luck!
Thank you for the answer. I do not live in those countries I live in Romania in Europe. I have not heard of any bans for those sites. I just did not know if the social sites allowed it or not. Sometimes some sites block some countries from using their websites. I have been to websites before where it said I was not able to access the site. I can go to the social sites like facebook and twitter and pinterest without being blocked. I have just not tried to register yet.

Muzzamil

Thank you for the answer. I do not live in those countries I live in Romania in Europe. I have not heard of any bans for those sites. I just did not know if the social sites allowed it or not. Sometimes some sites block some countries from using their websites. I have been to websites before where it said I was not able to access the site. I can go to the social sites like facebook and twitter and pinterest without being blocked. I have just not tried to register yet.
No Problem. If you need help in the future, just let me know.