Can you learn seo on youtube?

Argus

Hi friends. I am trying to learn more of seo and how to properly do it and want to know if youtube is good to learn seo. People have told me to watch youtube videos to learn seo but some people say the seo on youtube is too old. Can I learn seo on youtube or is another way better for this?

Dean

I guess you can learn at least the basics of SEO on Youtube, but the problem is going to be finding accurate and current SEO techniques from good and reliable sources on there, easily. I think the biggest part would be finding good information from sources that you know are from a trusted source.

I personally prefer doing my SEO research by reading and getting good information from websites that are known and trusted sources of good SEO information.

Cheers, Dean

Argus

Yes , you can learn Seo on you tube. There are number of tutorials available in you tube. If you are not satisfied with you tube videos you can refer some other guidance.
Thank you. Then what other guidance are you talking about besides youtube? I am eager to learn this to help for the future success of the website I am making.

Argus

I guess you can learn at least the basics of SEO on Youtube, but the problem is going to be finding accurate and current SEO techniques from good and reliable sources on there, easily. I think the biggest part would be finding good information from sources that you know are from a trusted source.

I personally prefer doing my SEO research by reading and getting good information from websites that are known and trusted sources of good SEO information.

Cheers, Dean
Thank you. So I should look to see the date the video was made to help know if the information is still good? Also how can you tell if the information is from a trusted source? These are just new things to me and that is why I ask a lot of questions.

Ilyas

SEO is evolving very quickly, you could pick up some tips and tricks from YouTube or blogs. Most info is outdated, working techniques and strategies you will have to find on your own, no one will give you their latest working techniques.

I think you should attend to a SEO course. Coach will help and guide you

KeralMTG

I think you can get some good information on youtube but you should still read some good seo information on good blogs and websites to learn it better.

Ana

I think you can get some good information on youtube but you should still read some good seo information on good blogs and websites to learn it better.
This is something that I want to learn also. How can we tell which website and blog are good for this information?

Maria Marketing

I have tried to watch some of the youtube videos on seo topics but they just seem to be too technical for people who are new to seo. I think it would be easier to just do a lot or reading on some seo blogs. :)

ulterios

You can learn some aspects of the current SEO methods and best practices on YouTube but since many of the videos there are years old, lots of the information is outdated and not accurate and good. The trick is going to be to find what is still relevant and won't actually hurt your site.

Lots of the old methods can be actually harmful to the rankings of your site.

You would have to find videos from trusted sources and watch those. It would also be best to check the information that you find on YouTube against trusted websites and blogs that are known authorities on SEO.

So yeah it's possible, in part, you just have to be able to weed out the good information from the bad or outdated information.

Good Luck. ;)

Maria Marketing

But you should also follow some top SEO blogs to stay updated with the latest happenings in SEO world.
Do you know which ones are good top blogs to follow? I check some that I have seen people recommend but still do not know all the blogs that are the top ones out there. :)

Catherine1

you should also follow some top SEO blogs to stay updated with the latest happenings in SEO world.
I have been trying to learn about SEO and have been doing a lot of reading as well as watching some videos on the subject. Which are the top SEO blogs to check into? I just really don't know which are the top ones and which are not since I don't know much about SEO. Any info will be appreciated.

JennyJ

I don't know if all Youtube videos give good SEO information but I have actually learned a few things about it from watching some videos on the subject. Might be worth a try.

Dean

Try to refer as many videos you can, don't depend on the same channel.
Great point to mention. I think that you can learn some SEO techniques on Youtube but like you I think that you should not be looking at just one channel. Granted you can't learn everything but you should be able to get some good basic SEO information on Youtube.

hoadongtien

I found a gig on Fiverr, paid $5 to have him build links on a Youtube video and expected that my video would be ranked on top. Indeed, it came on the first page; however, only held the rank in about a half of day and failed forever. It’s really a terrible idea.

sam.hunt0710

Seo for Youtube is far simpler than what one would apply on a website. The logic is the same it's just that you do need to play around a lot like what you would do on a site. It is also very powerful as videos tend to dominate serps.

I found a gig on Fiverr, paid $5 to have him build links on a Youtube video and expected that my video would be ranked on top. Indeed, it came on the first page; however, only held the rank in about a half of day and failed forever. It’s really a terrible idea.

OP is asking whether he/she can learn SEO techniques from watching Youtube Videos , not how to do SEO for Youtube Videos.

Kania

This is funny because I tried to learn some SEO from Youtube videos. I think if you are trying to learn like I am then you will not know all the technical words for SEO but the videos I watched on Youtube used a lot of words that I did not know. This made it hard to understand everything. I think it it better to learn some SEO things on Youtube after you already know some things about it.