Can list building really earn money for you?

martinIM

What are the advantages of creating an email list for your blog?
Why not just market directly to buyers and cut out the need for a list?
I'm not clear about this.

Nytshade

1st reason would be because an email will convert a lot better than a blog post, an email is much more personal than a blog article. When someone gives you their contact information, it shows that they trust you and they're willing to build a relationship or connect with you.

2nd, Building an email list allows you to segment your subscribers in 3 sections: lurkers, freebie seekers and buyers. Lurkers are mostly those who don't participate or engage, they just follow your content maybe via social media and that's it. They do look around/browse but they never engage.

Then you have freebie seekers, these are people who optin to your email list, they follow you and they comment especially when you give away something for free. They open your emails hoping to get more free stuff and maybe one day they'll buy something. I've seen people buy after being on the list for 200+ days.

Finally, you have your buyers. These are people who buy your products and services. So when you have an email list, you can segments your list into these 3 categories and focus your energy on the most important people. Even if you're an affiliate and not selling your own products, you can giveaway bonuses and make people optin to a new list to get the bonus material or move them to a new list manually.

3rd, with email you're able to track your progress. You can check how many people opened the email, number of clicks, conversions and most importantly, WHO. Which again can make it easy to move inactive subscribers to a different list and try to get them to engage or simply remove them, this will also lower your cost for the autoresponder.

4th, you can automate the whole process. Once you've split tested your funnel and are getting good conversions then you can simply let it run on autopilot.

Those are just 4 reasons among many other reasons like getting to know your demographics, which country your product is selling the most, know your loyal customers etc.

Dean

Marketing through emails can be very profitable if you have a good quality email list, that's the main motivation for many people as to why they are so interested in having and growing their email lists always.

This helps you to keep in touch with people more often than just hoping that they come to your site. Many times people will visit a website and never again return to that particular site for whatever reason.

Having a mailing list puts the contact and interaction more in your terms and not just by chance.

Cheers, Dean.

Ben

All marketing online are always preaching that a good email list is very valuable and since they say it over and over then most believe this.

Maria Marketing

Most of the top marketers say that the better and bigger your email list is then the more potential and more income you will have. I have been building mine up myself.

Ben

Most of the top marketers say that the better and bigger your email list is then the more potential and more income you will have. I have been building mine up myself.
Well of course there is going to be more potential with more emails on a list. I need to get mine going and back to a regular building state.

ulterios

An email list can be more personal than just direct marketing and it can build some trust, especially if you built the list yourself which means that they are already interested in something. You can also add some special touches with the emails where as direct marketing really doesn't work like that.

Also when you are sending out your emails to the people on your list you are sending them what you want to promote without having to go to your site. With a good email list you will get more eyes on what you want people to see versus direct marketing.

An email list is always a great way to market and promote and you don't want to play them off as they can be great earners.