Can anyone help me where to start earning from designing?

Josh

As I said I like design and I am kind of good when it comes to Flash and Photoshop.I worked with a friend in Dreamweaver for a bit and I know that program but I need to improve a bit..But I dont know where to start if I want to earn money with this..And I dont know what is better, to do web design or graphic design for companies or individuals?I like drawing and making something new when it comes to designing logos and stuff like that...Can someone help me where to start?

Hostlumina

Couple ways.

- As mentioned above - Start out in Fiverr, Freelancer, or something similar where you can post your gigs to start building a portfolio.

- Open your own shop... If you want to work for yourself and open your own company. Start learning on how to start and run your own business.

- Look for companies in your city looking to hire designers and apply to them.

If you decide to go with one of the first 2 options, money will not just start coming. You need to make a solid business plan, work hard, run a legitimate operation, and be ready for the long hours.

There is no easy money.

Josh

I think that starting as a freelancer until I make enough money and enough expirience with running my own company is a good idea..As for working for any company in my city that is just hard to find..That is why I want to start on my own...

Hostlumina

I think that starting as a freelancer until I make enough money and enough expirience with running my own company is a good idea..As for working for any company in my city that is just hard to find..That is why I want to start on my own...

Good call Josh,

Build your portfolio and work hard. The hard work will pay off. Also, don't cut yourself short once you have work to show or talk about for new clients. Reach out to companies you may be able to partner with down the road.

Hostlumina

They are usually free to join + fees when a gig is ordered and paid for.

I would highly recommend you go to the sites and check out their FAQs, documents, how it works, etc... This includes paypal (if you haven't use it before) as many will deposit into your paypal up on withdrawal or whichever system they use.

If you are going to freelance through this sites, i highly recommend learning the system first. If you don't, it can effect the user experience.